• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur Rabbit for worms and parasites

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
Has anyone used panacur before? It is a preventative method to keep worms and parasites at bay.

I have picked up a leaflet on it today and have had a quick read through it but thought I'd get your opinions on it before going ahead and buying some.

I'm going to ask for my vets advise on this too :wave:

Thank you - It looks like the majority are saying don't do it. I am always unsure with stuff like this and never really want to have to put my buns through treatments unless I need to but wanted advise about pancur first. :wave:

I panacur my rabbits once a year after boarding. I wouldn't use it otherwise, its just to try and treat anything that they may have caught whilst being boarded. If you do use it, use it 28 days as the 9 days is nowhere near enough.

I used it on my buns when i first got them as a 'just in case' precaution (i got them from p@h adoption so wanted to sure i did it for my own peace of mind)

Back