• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My babies need your vibes RU :(

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Hubby and I were at Monkey World on our way back home today, I tried calling Mum to see how the little ones were and as soon as she didnt answer I knew something was wrong, when she called back she said they were on their way to the vets because Jimby wasnt eating. :(
He had his metaclopramide and Ketofen. Had a good check and all is well apart from his tummy :(
We left Monkey World straight away and set off on our 2 hour journey home to him.
Got back home and he started eating some grass, then Cookie stopped eating, we know with Cookie it is normally just her being stropy after being to the vets so we gave her a bit of time and she has started eating again, being picky but eating.
Jimby has now stopped eating again, I have tried him on everything- grass, hay, basil, parsley, blackberry leaves, dandelion leaves and he is not interested in any of it.
I have put a blanket over him as his ears felt a bit cold and have given him a good tummy rub, I think he is a bit tender in one place as he flinched when I rubbed it. :(

So any vibes would be very appriciated xx

Vibes for them both and you as well. We are going through the same thing here. What is going on with all the buns!?

Many vibes for eating and pooing coming your way xxx

Thankyou for all the vibes guys, they are working!! :D
I called and spoke to the vet who advised us to give Jimby another dose of the Metaclopramide, which we did around 6.30pm, he flinched when the needle went in :cry:
Gave that along with
About 3.5-4mls Oxbow Recovery food
1ml Avipro
2 Graduations of Fibreplex

After all that trauma he had a huddle in his hay box and we had a little snuggle, he then started licking his lips so I assumed he wanted a drink and held the bowl to him and he had a nice long drink.
He then sat huddled up, though not as huddled as before for about 15mins then he started eating some fresh grass and bramble leaves, he then ate some hay and dried herbs.
He has done a few poops too :love:
He seems so much brighter in himself as well, he has his sparkle back in his eyes. My little baby! :love:

Cookie touch wood is doing better too, she ate almost 2 plates worth of fresh herbs and grass and has also been nomming on some hay. :love:

I have left them alone for a few mins while I had dinner and when I went up to them they were both resting then they both got up and started eating some more dried herbs and Jimby even attempted eating a few pellets.
One of them has done some more poops but it is hard to say who :?

Sorry to see this news, but good that they seem a bit better now. Sending belated vibes from this direction.

I am shatterd! :(
Going to leave them to it for a few hours and try and get a little nap.
When I left them they were tucking in to some dried herbs, but they could probably do with a little rest as well, I have been 'mother hen' all evening fussing over them, they will probably be glad to be shot of me for a while :lol:
Touch wood they both seem to be doing well, Cookie has eaten her biscuits and some of Jimby's, they both shared another plate of greens and a little while after, Jims had a plate full to himself and a couple Pro Fibre pellets.
So fingers crossed we will not have to give any more meds now!
Will try and up date in a few hours unless I go to see them in my sleep :lol:

Back