• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aaarghhh! I don't believe it.....

steveg

Warren Scout
I've just bought a brand new (not great quality) hutch and what has my neighbour done this morning - only dismantled his 7 x 5 garden shed ready for a new one.

I now have lots of quality shiplap timber staring at me out my kitchen window. I'm away to ask if I can have it and see if I can knock up a nice hutch of my own.

Funny how these things happen, isn't it! :roll:

Oh no! Now you have even more reason to return your hutch as you're not happy with it anyway! Do you think they'd let you? You haven't been able to start putting it together yet have you?

I don't know if they'd let me, cos although it's poor quality there's nothing actually wrong with it and he's already sent up new sides to replace the faulty ones.

I'll need to go and have a look at the shed. It is old and worn so unsure if it'll go back together again but there's certainly enough quality wood there to build a fabulous hutch. I've even got roof felt in my garage. All I would need is the wire mesh, some door hinges and locks - all of which I could get for £20 or £30.

How annoying is that!

Panic over. I went to speak my neighbour and have a look at the wood, and although it looks great from my kitchen, it's actually quite thin and pretty rotten.

So, back to my Happy Hutch on Monday! :lol:

Panic over. I went to speak my neighbour and have a look at the wood, and although it looks great from my kitchen, it's actually quite thin and pretty rotten.

So, back to my Happy Hutch on Monday! :lol:

At least you've got a sense of humour about it all! We must have photos, please, of the new developments.:wave:

Back