• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dodger has head tilt - Video post 9

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
My poor boy has been suffering from head tilt for nearly 5 weeks, I've just started to see an improvement over the last couple of days, although I know he might never be the same, he does appear to be adjusting.

This was him just over a week ago with his head on a pillow I made for him:D

003-44.jpg

and today

Dodgersheadtilt005.jpg

Dodgersheadtilt008.jpg

Nomming basil, he has no control over his ears now:love:

When I collected his prescription of Zithromax from the chemist today they called out his name Mr Dodger Smith - I got 1 or 2 strange looks from the customers:oops:

Last edited:
Sending lots of get well vibes for Dodger x

When Dominic had head tilt, I found that putting him outside on the grass really helped his recovery...he could learn to regain his balance and it didn't matter if he rolled because the grass would cushion his fall. He used to run round and round in circles for ages.

I see you're getting Zithromax from the chemist now Sue. I'm doing the same since the cost at the vets when up to over £22. Can't believe that they raised the cost by over £5 like that.

Which chemist do you use? I'm using Manor Pharmacy, who charge just over £9, but would be interested to know if you can get it cheaper.

Aww he looks just like my Olly - Olly has head tilt too, although sometimes now you wouldn't really know :love: sending lots of vibes for Dodger xx

Awwwww bless! :love:

Glad to hear that he is getting better, it certainly hasn't put him off his grub. I hope that he continues to improve.

This is the first time he's been able to run around in 5 weeks - Sorry about the quality, but he's better without the lights on.

Awww, wee Dodger :)

I had a bunny with head tilt, Kermit. He learned to cope with it too. It really is amazing when you see the little steps of progress that they make, makes you feel all happy & proud of them.

I hope your wee man continues to improve.

I have a major soft spot for a head tilt bunny :)

Awww, wee Dodger :)

I had a bunny with head tilt, Kermit. He learned to cope with it too. It really is amazing when you see the little steps of progress that they make, makes you feel all happy & proud of them.

I hope your wee man continues to improve.

I have a major soft spot for a head tilt bunny :)

I know what you mean Kirsty, if you'd asked me a month ago what his chances were I would have said slim, but I've seen such a difference in the last 2 days, although it's still bad, he's not as tilted as it was and he's adjusting:love: He's been such a fighter:love:

I know what you mean Kirsty, if you'd asked me a month ago what his chances were I would have said slim, but I've seen such a difference in the last 2 days, although it's still bad, he's not as tilted as it was and he's adjusting:love: He's been such a fighter:love:

They deffo are wee fighters, the things that a bunny can learn to cope with is amazing, puts us humans to shame.

The thing that annoyed me the most about the whole scenario was the people coming into my house (friends and family) who told me that i was cruel for keeping Kermit like that. I just told them that if they never liked it then they didn't have to visit us!

Oh, and i got Stemetil from the chemist for Kermit, that name caused a few laughs!!

Aww poor little Dodger. I am glad he is improving well thought Sue, he's so handsome :love::love: Sending vibes for his recovery! x

Bless Dodger Bun. Sending him tonnes of vibes xxxx:love:

My Darcy had headtilt and after 3 intense medicated months he made a recovery. So it is possible xx

I see you're getting Zithromax from the chemist now Sue. I'm doing the same since the cost at the vets when up to over £22. Can't believe that they raised the cost by over £5 like that.

Which chemist do you use? I'm using Manor Pharmacy, who charge just over £9, but would be interested to know if you can get it cheaper.

Do you need a prescription for it from the chemist?

Sending lots of get well vibes for Dodger x

When Dominic had head tilt, I found that putting him outside on the grass really helped his recovery...he could learn to regain his balance and it didn't matter if he rolled because the grass would cushion his fall. He used to run round and round in circles for ages.

Let me know if you have problems, could I pick it up from my chemist for you?

Do you need a prescription for it from the chemist?

I do, but you can get a repeat one:D

Back