• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

TriL1

Warren Scout
Hi, I currently buy my hay from dustfreehay.co.uk, I buy two bales which come to about £18, does anyone know somewhere else online I can buy for cheaper? One bale seems to last me about 2 weeks does that sound about right?:wave:

Does it have to be online? There are quite a few farm shops etc around if you give us a better idea of which part of Essex. ;) Hay is usually much cheaper - around £5 or £6 for a huge bale & they last me around a month for 2 bunnies.

Hay For Pets is also very reasonable though if you need an online supplier
http://www.hayforpets.co.uk/ :D

Hi ya, no it doesnt have to be online, its only just the pet shops near me dont seem to sell great hay or its quite expensive for small amount. I live in Canvey Island not too far from Southend on Sea? thanks for the other advice too.xx:D

The nearest I know of to you would be Sadlers Farm; I've never used them but know a few people have been there. :) I *think* this is the place:
http://www.sadlersfarmfeeds.co.uk/

Or there's Little Burstead farm shop in Billericay, and also Button Farm, which is about 5 minutes up the road from there - it's about 30 mins from you, but if you have room to store it, you could buy 2 or 3 bales at a time. ;)

oh yeah, that isnt too far from me at all, about a 5 min drive away, that's excellent, thank you very much for being sooo helpful, this forum is so great! I always seem to have so many questions and this is great to get answers back so quick from everyone.xx Thank you very much. Hopefully I can spend a little less now.x:D

Do you not have anywhere that you can store hay?

I buy from dust free hay, but i buy the 10 pack at £40, makes the bags £4 each, whereas you are buying the same thing for £9 each.

I just keep mine in a cupboard in the house.

I find local farms are the best for hay and luckily there is a farm in Ringstead and the hay is lovely...... I only have a Smart car and I can just about get 2 bales in with the passenger seat down :lol: although I'm not sure if it's legal to drive when you can't see out of the windows :shock::shock: :lol::lol:
PS I used to live in Benfleet and there are a lot of farms not too far from Canvey

Back