• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anyone Allergic to Cat/dogs but not Rabbits?

Im allergic to cats, some coat types more than others. I was allergic to some dogs, but i got over it when we got Jess and i used to get a rash off the buns, but i got over that too. They have been making me sneeze for the last week or so but i think its the hay. :?

Im also allergic to horses, but thats got a lot less severe over the years as ive built up contact with them.

I'm allergic to cats and horses, and react badly when I get scratched by a dog or their saliva gets on me.

Not allergic to bunnies though :)

I'm allergic to all fur but I've built up a tolerance to rabbits being around them so much and they don't bother me. Cats on the other hand :shock: They make my eyes itch just thinking about them

I am very allergic to cats, slightly less allergic to some dogs and not allergic to rabbits.

My next door neighbour is very allergic to cats and dogs. He's fine with the rabbits and chinchillas. :)

I'm very allergic to cats, wasn't allergic to dogs until my mum got a puppy alsation about 4 years ago. I'm allergic to some horses when I get their dribble on me, but not allergic to bunnies at all - which is one of the reasons I started keeping rabbits 20+ years ago (as well as the fact that they are so much more cuter than cats and dogs :lol:)

my sister is allergic to cats, most dogs etc but didn't seem to be allergic to bunnies at all so she got 2, then a few years later she started to pick up an allergy to them so had to give them away as she couldn't be around them :( she now has a 'hypo allergenic' chiuaua and she's fine - so far! :lol:

Im allergic to cats although had a cat when I was younger :?
I'm perfectly fine with buns, just the hay when cleaning them out starts me and the OH off

I'm allergic to all three. I'm probably allergic to most feathery or furry animals, except I may not be with rodents. Its fine though, mainly its just a problem when they're shedding, especially with the rabbits because their fur is everywhere and it sticks to my nose and face, ugh.

I was much more allergic to cats when I was younger too.

I feel terribly headachy around horses and unwell in general. My doctor said i maybe had hayfever and gave me antihistamines.

Since having bunnies indoors, i notice it's the hay that really gets to me.

Dogs i'm fine with and cats.

My other half is allergic to dogs and cats, but he has got used to our kitties. He used to have tablets daily, but he must have desensitized to it. Don't know if that's possible.

He is allergic to our dog, but because we have hardwood floors and vinayl it seems to solve the problem. If he gets licked he comes out in a rash etc.

We don't allow our dog upstairs or in his office so that he has allergy free zones.

Yep, very allergic to cats and dogs. Just spending half an hour in the same room or a room where they've been is disastrous. Bunnies I'm ok with, unless I have long cuddles during moulting season.

im allergic to cats but not dogs or rabbits :? ...but i love cats so am annoyed at the prospect of not having a cat!:(

im allergic to cats but not dogs or rabbits :? ...but i love cats so am annoyed at the prospect of not having a cat!:(

How allergic are you? I'm allergic to cats and I have 10:lol: so you don't necessarily have to avoid having them but I guess it depends on how allergic you are. You could also try tablets for allergies.

Back