• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Archie sat in the tunnel and didnt let Arrabella in! :-`

chelle

Warren Veteran
hey all!

The girls got swopped over tonight again...and just now I heard Archie thumping...go and have alook - cant see anything..then wonder where he is?
Put jacket on - go into the rain and see Arrabella jumping about in the run and trying to go into the tunnel to go back to the hutches...still cant see Archie...then realise Arrabella is going into the tunnel but her butt is sticking out still...odd!
have a look up the tunnel and ol' Archie is just laying there....and not moving and kind of making Arrabella stay in the rain in the run!:?
How bizarre...i call him and stroke him and try to get him to move.....nope he is having none of it...Im getting wetter & wetter crouching under the roof of the run...poor Arrabella was trying to sit under my jacket and trying to go into the tunnel again...Archie just sat there. I eventually got the carrier out the shed and Arrabella hopped into it, carried her indoors, dried her off & put her near the sideboard tunnel....
Archie, a few minutes later wriggles out backwards into the hutch...and he just looked at me and thumped. He is trying to tell me something...not sure what...but just hope he is not upset with Arrabella for some reason.

SO..long story...but made me think i should always have a secure dry and cosy place (not just a big cardboard box) thats rainproof for any other buns that get "stuck" in the run cause of another bun blocking the tunnel...OR have 2 tunnels so they always have a way in & out...

:roll::?:)

:lol: That is a funny story.:lol: Sorry Arrabella. I shouldn't laugh. Poor girl but that is funny. Just like a guy to not think about the wifey. I really laughed at the part that she was trying to get under your jacket and the fact that he made you get wet too.:lol:

:shock: Sorry don't know. Maybe just stubborn and relaxing. Sometimes if disturb my girl, she thumps.

mmm...who would have thought that maybe he was being a little bit stubborn! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: That is a funny story.:lol: Sorry Arrabella. I shouldn't laugh. Poor girl but that is funny. Just like a guy to not think about the wifey. I really laughed at the part that she was trying to get under your jacket and the fact that he made you get wet too.:lol:

I know!:roll::lol: Its so bizzare...they were both just inside munching together and somebun thumped...then Arrabella ran out again...somethings up! Im wondering if Archie prefers Indiana's company abit more as Arrabella perhaps challenges him and doesnt groom him as much...so maybe he just decided he was getting his own back!:lol::lol::lol:

I was sat with a jacket on & huge hood inside the run under the roof! i climbed into the small roof door and dint want to open the whole thing incase they all jumped out! I coud hardly reach up the tunnel and Arrabella is sitting under me...almost in my hood which was hangin down...with it pouring with rain...and there up the tunnel is flippin Archie...all squished in like a sausage....not budging and taking up the whole tunnel...Arrabella waqs like "Whats gong on! Whats he ddddoing!? Im getting really wet here...heloooooo!":lol: poor darling...she was going in too...I thought if I dont get her out - they might bite each other on the nose!:?

Seriously - few minutes later - he wriggles out big bum first...just as Arrabella & I are trying to get dry! Look at the time too...honestly!:roll:

Also the light outside kept going on...couldnt work it out - till i see a hedghog running across the patio!:roll::lol:

I still wonder why bunnies thump. They thump when they want attention, they thump when they want you to leave them alone.

They thump when they want something and they thump it they dont like it. :lol:

And they thump if they want to hump. :shock: :lol:

I still wonder why bunnies thump. They thump when they want attention, they thump when they want you to leave them alone.

They thump when they want something and they thump it they dont like it. :lol:

And they thump if they want to hump. :shock: :lol:

yeah!:lol::lol::lol::lol: I guess a little like some humans...but we stamp instead!
Especially when we want to hump!:lol::lol::lol:
Its odd though...you know when you get a feeling you may be aware why they doing what they doing....but you could also be way off the mark so you dont want to enact upon an action incase you have misread it?
mmm...will keep an eye on them....will have to swop the girls over again tomorrow night...doesnt seem fair but its our only option at the moment....:?

yeah!:lol::lol::lol::lol: I guess a little like some humans...but we stamp instead!
Especially when we want to hump!:lol::lol::lol:
Its odd though...you know when you get a feeling you may be aware why they doing what they doing....but you could also be way off the mark so you dont want to enact upon an action incase you have misread it?
mmm...will keep an eye on them....will have to swop the girls over again tomorrow night...doesnt seem fair but its our only option at the moment....:?

Good luck. I only have my 2 so its easy to tell why. It normally involves food.

thanks all for your thoughts & advice!:)
Archie & Arrabella are sleeping snug together now...and have had a lovely day together...quite a shame I will now swop Indiana over with Arrabella for her 24 hours...just means that each time the girls get lonely by themselves & Archie has to re-establish his relationship with each girls every day....not ideal...lets hope the girls will be able to live with each other...otherwise who stays with Archie when each girls adores him....:?

:wave:

I missed this earlier, not that I ever have any advice about the dynamics of multiple dynamics, but I don't like to miss an Arabella story. Norty Archie - sounds like just the sort of thing Spenser would do if he had a ladybun.

I missed this earlier, not that I ever have any advice about the dynamics of multiple dynamics, but I don't like to miss an Arabella story. Norty Archie - sounds like just the sort of thing Spenser would do if he had a ladybun.

aaaah...:love: Im sure Spenser would be an absolute gent!:lol::love:

Hmm....anyone else think that Archie's not the only norty one on this occasion? We need pics! :no:

Hmm....anyone else think that Archie's not the only norty one on this occasion? We need pics! :no:

:oops::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Right...will get that camera snapping! Not much going on today as its soooooooooo hot...but will def. get some!:lol::lol::lol:

Back