• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny breed??

Hi everyone, Im new to the site:wave:

I've recently got a little bunny called Sooty i got him 2nd June so he is about 13 weeks now and is soooo adorable i love him os much:love:

I'm not sure of his breed though If anyone can help that'd be great ill attatch some pics below :) i think he is a havana but they look a lot bigger he is tiny and very thin (but might biggen up when hes older)

I was also thinking about getting another bun soon and sooty can get quite lonely when im not around all day for him and i could look after another bun no bother :) is it best to get a male or female and soon or wait till hes older??

Thanks xxx

34osuvr.jpg

154ap9s.jpg

Gosh he's a handsome little bun :love: :love: Don't know about breed though, hopefully someone else can help you on that.
As for getting him a friend, yes that would be good but at his age his hormones will be kicking in soon, so maybe wait till he's neutered (can be done as soon as his plums arrive) and then check out a rescue for a cutie wife for him. He'll love you for it :D

Thanks :) Im still deciding on wheather or not to get him neautured becuase i don't fully agree with it so might end up getting him a little brother:) xx

Thanks :) Im still deciding on wheather or not to get him neautured becuase i don't fully agree with it so might end up getting him a little brother:) xx

Hi! Welcome! :wave:

I do think if you had 2 unneutered boys, you'd be asking for trouble unfortunately. Their hormones would cause a lot of problems and they'd fight over territory a lot.

I don't know about breeds, but he's gorgeous!!

x

I'm afraid if you don't get him neutered he may well become agressive.

He must be neutered if you get him a friend. He may be happier with a doe, but any doe will need to be neutered for health reasons.

He won't need to be neutered yet, but he should be when he reaches sexual maturity.

I know a lot of people do and they are happier after but i just feel like if he had a voice hed ask me not to do it and id feel reallly bad doing it aswell but then i know if i got a little girl bun for him id end up wiht 2000 bunnies and don't want that lol. it's a shame there isn't rabbit condoms!!:lol:

If you get another bunny who is young it isn't always easy to guarantee the sex anyway.

It really is best to have them neutered - hormones can make them aggressive or sexually frustrated - they are much happier when they are neutered :)

I had 2 pairs of boys, and once the hormones kicked in I had to separate them as they started getting aggressive towards each other. Once they were neutered they happily went back into pairs :)

A boy/girl bond is meant to be the easiest to do - if you have a rescue centre near you they may offer to do the bonding, which makes life much easier if you've never done it before :)

That is one really beautiful bunny you have there :love:

I know a lot of people do and they are happier after but i just feel like if he had a voice hed ask me not to do it and id feel reallly bad doing it aswell but then i know if i got a little girl bun for him id end up wiht 2000 bunnies and don't want that lol. it's a shame there isn't rabbit condoms!!:lol:

If he had a voice he may well ask you to do it. No-one wants to be ruled 100% by their hormones :)

There's a rather graphic picture around of what happens with two unneutered bucks fight. It's not pretty. :(

He's ever so cute. I love black bunnies :love:

Back