• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

they weed in other corner arghh

Anna xx

Warren Scout
This litter training business is hard work.. 10 week old bunnies who will be neueterd at right age but im really struggling i actually feel like giving up??

They have a huge litter tray with tons of hay in plus a hay basket at the sidewhich smudge has taken a liking to laying in :D the rest of the downstairs of hutch is covered in news paper and then a blanket over that then the top tier is all hay as the bedroom area I put newspaper then hay then the hall way kinda area I just put hay too..

they've felt to poop all over downstairs which ive picked up n put in tray just been out there n one of em has weed in corner at bottom of stairs but ive already tried the whole moving tray to that side it really doesnt work lol

Maybe I shud wait till they a littler older?? x

Aw litter training is hard work.

At the moment they are weeing and pooing everywhere to mark their territory. When they settle they will want to keep things clean around them selves and will only poo and wee in their litter tray.

Have you tried giving them a litter tray each?

sue:wave:

Nope, unless I buy 2 smaller trays as the ove ive got is hugeeee i'll keep persisting its all I can do right Im just gna have to buy some spare blankets to wash daily if they gonna wee in the corner instead of tray lol x

I don't know much about young bunnies- how long have you had them?
I have only had them from about6-12months old so maybe it's different for younger bunnies?

Hope someone who has had young bunnies can give you advice.

sue:wave:

I have 2 bunnies, Honey was perfect as soon as I brought her home:) she used the litter tray straight away. Olly on the other hand just weed wherever he happened to be at the time!! It really is just a case of being patient, it just suddenly seemed to click with Olly. I separated them for a few months until they were both neutered, and it was while he was on his own that he decided to do all his toileting in one place :) he didnt have a litter tray, I just put a pile of hay at one end of his cage and that's where he went. When I rebonded him with Honey, I started off in the same way ie. No litter tray, just hay on top of paper, and he carried on using it as the toilet, even though he wasn't in his normal cage and in another room :) when they had been together a couple of weeks I introduced a litter tray with newspaper and lots of hay in it, and it was a success!! :wave: just give them time, they'll be fine in another month or so!!

You will struggle until they are neutered. :) just do the best you can and try not to worry about it too much for now. :)

Back