• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Alfies Nose - The wonder of Manuka!

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Kirsty (Kermit) very kindly sent us some Manuka honey to help little Alfie the gerbils nose - you can see for yourself how helpful it has been. It's only been a couple of weeks since we got him but he's improving greatly. The pic wasnt great as i wanted him to settle in and doesn't show exactly the extent of how bad his nose really was - but it was very red and raw

The day we got him
random832.jpg

Around a week ago
random892.jpg

Today - this is his worst side, but you can see the hair starting to grow back.
random928.jpg

This is his good side and is healing so well - you can see a big difference
random926.jpg

random925.jpg

Aww, this is just fab :) It does seem to be healing well.

I always rant on about how amazing Manuka Honey is, i love the stuff.

I meant what a cool name he has of course, not was.... can you tell it's past my bedtime? :oops::lol:

Wee sausage, he looks so much better now though. Were you just putting a wee dod of Honey on his nose or letting him eat it?

Wee sausage, he looks so much better now though. Were you just putting a wee dod of Honey on his nose or letting him eat it?

Just putting it right onto the nose - I'm sure while cleaning himself he ate some of it too of course :lol:

Maysie - it really is wonderful stuff :love:

He looks great, such an improvement and I don't just mean his nose. He just looks so much healthier and happier.

HI thanks :) His coat is where i see the biggest improvement and he does seem to be much happier thankfully.

Back