• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's a picture of my rabbit on amazon for £100 :|

DemiS

Warren Veteran
There's a picture of my Harley on amazon, yeah you can buy a canvas print of him for £100 :shock:

They took the picture without my permission but it was at a public event, does this mean I can't claim money ? :( :lol:

Here's the picture in question ...
51m6WEaj23L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

There's a picture of my Harley on amazon, yeah you can buy a canvas print of him for £100 :shock:

They took the picture without my permission but it was at a public event, does this mean I can't claim money ? :( :lol:

Hmm.....that's a tricky one. I guess it's the same as paparazzi pics of celebs. The celebs don't give permission for their photos to be used....

aww your bun is lovely- what a great jump.

Not sure on the legalities to be honest. Hope someone else can help- i'd probably agree that it's fine for them to sell a photo they took-i.e it's their own copyright.

Just wanted to say that I LOVE the picture, amazing action shot. By the way you brown/ginger buns are amazing, what breed are they?:wave:

If it was a public event then I'm pretty sure the copyright lies with the photographer so they can sell prints if they want. If it was a photo of a person they'd need a model release though.

Or do you mean you took the photo and they copied it from online somewhere?

You could ask for a print though, they might give you a free one as it's your rabbit :)

Just wanted to say that I LOVE the picture, amazing action shot. By the way you brown/ginger buns are amazing, what breed are they?:wave:

They're Thriantas, rare breed, they only come in that one stunning ginger colour :)

And yeah I guess it could be like paparazzi, the famous Harley and Demi double act ;) :lol:

i'm thinking that maybe you should contact the seller?
ask them if they have any copyright to YOUR picture (obviously not but should be enough to make them think) and as they didn't even bother to ask you permission you could ask them to withdraw the canvas
i'd be horrified if i saw one of my pics for sale

i'm thinking that maybe you should contact the seller?
ask them if they have any copyright to YOUR picture (obviously not but should be enough to make them think) and as they didn't even bother to ask you permission you could ask them to withdraw the canvas
i'd be horrified if i saw one of my pics for sale

Just to clarify I didn't take the picture, it was a private ring bit though for the jumping, from that angle they must either of snuck in or got permission off of someone to come in and take the photo

I might ask for a free print :lol: I believe the company is part of rex features, it was on some 'top pictures' thing and said that's where it was from

Maybe I should say something like 'you distracted my rabbit my taking photo's whilst he was in action, the last you can do is send me a print' :p

I *think* if it was a public event and they had permission from the organisers then there's not a lot you can do, sorry :( If they DIDN'T have permission then it's a different story

I understand why you're annoyed, but it's a fab picture. Have you approached the guy who took the picture?

I *think* if it was a public event and they had permission from the organisers then there's not a lot you can do, sorry :( If they DIDN'T have permission then it's a different story

I understand why you're annoyed, but it's a fab picture. Have you approached the guy who took the picture?

Oh I'm not annoyed, I'd just of liked some notice or a free print seeing as it's my rabbit, trained by me, in what should of been a little arena closed off to the public :lol:

I WOULD be annoyed if I found out people had actually bought the picture and the company had made quite a bit of money out of it. I pay to house, clean, feed, water and train him

Oh I'm not annoyed, I'd just of liked some notice or a free print seeing as it's my rabbit, trained by me, in what should of been a little arena closed off to the public :lol:

I WOULD be annoyed if I found out people had actually bought the picture and the company had made quite a bit of money out of it. I pay to house, clean, feed, water and train him

If it was closed off to the public were there signs saying that photos couldn't be taken?

I would definitely ask them for a copy anyway :)

If it was closed off to the public were there signs saying that photos couldn't be taken?

I would definitely ask them for a copy anyway :)

No, there should have been something really though saying not to use flash, I can't remember if they did announce it or not

My rabbits have never liked the big camera lenses, I guess it's like a giant eye in a way

I don't think there's anything you can do about them selling the print, I believe the copyright belongs to the photographer even if the picture is of your rabbit so they can do whatever they like with it.

You could contact them and ask for a print as you love the picture and it's your rabbit. As they say, shy bairns get nowt!

ahaa you can buy a picture of my russell too for £100 :shock:
I asked my dad and he said he doent know, and to get Russell signed to a modelling agency and he can earn his keep :lol:
Also Russell is on a an advertisment for a vets and I have no idea if they can use it for that .. :?

It would be very difficult to enforce copyright on objects which are in the public view :?

If I'm an architect, and someone takes a photo of my building....can I claim they shouldn't have because I designed it?

If I'm a countryside warden, and someone takes a photo of the land I maintain...is that also stealing

I can think of more but I'm too lazy to type them all out ;) You get the idea though

ahaa you can buy a picture of my russell too for £100 :shock:
I asked my dad and he said he doent know, and to get Russell signed to a modelling agency and he can earn his keep :lol:
Also Russell is on a an advertisment for a vets and I have no idea if they can use it for that .. :?

Remember that banner at Bradford, I know Harley is a common shape and colour but I'm almost certain that picture was of him!

Harleys picture has been used all over, I don't really mind I just don't like that people are making money out of him

Back