• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess who went in the nebuliser for the first time today?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
DSC01431.jpg

:love:

It went really well. :)
He was a bit annoyed at being shut in the box but he wasn't stressed. Hopefullyit'll make him feel better.

Bless him, he looks like he is behaving himself in there :love:

I'm sorry for being a numpty, but I seem to have missed his story. How come he needs a nebuliser? ETA sorry just found the other thread explaining! Poor little Grim, I hope it is helping him :love:

Last edited:
Bless him, he looks like he is behaving himself in there :love:
I'm sorry for being a numpty, but I seem to have missed his story. How come he needs a nebuliser? ETA sorry just found the other thread explaining! Poor little Grim, I hope it is helping him :love:

He dug up his mat, stamped his feet, dug at the lid, tried to bite the box (he has no front teeth) and then tried to bite the mouthpiece that was pumping the steam in. At one point he had his whole mouth around a human sized mouthpiece. :shock: :lol:

But he settled down and cleaned himself. He doesn't like being shut in places. If I take him to the vets or to my parents' in a carrier I have to keep the door open as much as I can (when it's safe to) otherwise he has a similar strop. He's fine for four and a half hours on the train as long as the door's open. :lol:

:lol: Oh bless his little face, he doesnt look too happy! :love:
I hope it helps hims lots though :)

oh bless :love: he seems fine about it though. :)

that mouth piece never works when i try it. :? that's why i just tape the other part onto the box. :roll:

i'm so glad it went well :D

Hey, that sounds like a fantastic start.
I had a chuckle over his response though. I could just imagine a grumpy Grimlock having a strop & chuntering on - "me lungs is fine - no need for that stoopid hoomin nebu thingy (bites mouthpiece)- it's me noney that's all bunged up - hoomins! can't tell the difference between bunged up lungs & bunged up noney! who'd have 'em?:roll:". :lol:

Everything crossed it helps to get things moving & clear for him.
We need an emoticon of a bunny with it's ears crossed

Hey, that sounds like a fantastic start.
I had a chuckle over his response though. I could just imagine a grumpy Grimlock having a strop & chuntering on - "me lungs is fine - no need for that stoopid hoomin nebu thingy (bites mouthpiece)- it's me noney that's all bunged up - hoomins! can't tell the difference between bunged up lungs & bunged up noney! who'd have 'em?:roll:". :lol:

Everything crossed it helps to get things moving & clear for him.
We need an emoticon of a bunny with it's ears crossed

We really do. :lol:
Well it can't have been that bad because he's currently sat in the box eating his breakfast. :) I'm going to have to remove his nose plug today which I really don't want to do and he hates it. But hopefully it's the last time I have to do it. You got his strop spot on though. :lol: I really do see him as a little old man with his gummy mouth. I generaly give him the accent of his namesake, a robot T rex and that just makes it cuter and funnier. :)

I assume it's just room temperature. I've got a nebuliser which is a machine and it pumps the air through a medicine chamber to make the steam which then goes into the box. I'm just using saline at the moment.

Sorry to be stupid, but what does a nebuliser do and how come he needs it? :oops:

It basically pumps out steam and is usually used for people with asthma or bronchitis to get the medication to where it's needed. Grim's got snuffles and a whole host of other problems. He's really blocked up with mucus in his nose, tear ducts and sinuses and there is infection too. At the moment I'm just using saline solution in the nebuliser which is a sterile salt water. This is supposed to help shift mucus. It's basically a mild salt water steam that's pumped into the box and he breathes it in. The box is used as I don't think holding a face mask to a rabbit would work well. ;)

In the future it's possible that he could have his medication this way too. I'm just hoping it helps him.

Oh bless :love: hope it helps! I know a nebuliser has really helped me when I've been poorly with asthma & found it hard to breathe!

Grim is very lucky to have you?

I have got a bionic humidifier...would that work as well?

The box is a great idea.

To be honest I wouldn't have known what to do without the help and advice of some very wonderful people on this forum. :)

Back