• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much Wagg Optimum should I be feeding my buns a day?

No idea but I just read that as "How much Wagg Opium"
I though :shock: 'whoa, giving buns opium is not a good idea!' :roll: :oops: :lol:

Feed in accordance to each buns requirements.

If your bun is overweight feed less, if underweight feed more. To find out what weight your bun should be, check with a vet.

Manufacturers recommendations are way over for wagg in my view something in the region of the 130-150 grams, but i do feed 65grams to some of my buns who need it and the vet was happy with that. It's the same as two handfuls i'd say per bun. Some i feed abit more who are underweight for health reasons.

I don't do the eggcup rule- that would be alot less i expect.

What do you feed them now? Don't make any sudden changes.

I feed 60grams in the morning and 60grams in the evening! Plus lots of hay! Is this too much? :wave:

How is your buns weight, teeth etc? Do you feed any veggies?

What weight is your bun?

Mine lose weight on an egg cup full even with veggies and loads of fresh hay.

I think that 120 is the bottom end of waggs recommendations- you could feed less than that. Excel have similar size pellets and i think they recommend about 50grams per day.

I'd probably feed about 80grams abit of veg and unlimited hay if i were in your position, but i'd see a vet to get some practicle advice on this though. Any recommendations are speculative.

Last edited:
Back