• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Rabbit Food Do You Feed?

What Rabbit Food Do You Feed?

• Oxbow Bunny Basics Pellets (max29%)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Allen and Page Pellets (23%)

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Bunny Nature Pellets (21%)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Supreme Science Selective Pellets (19%)

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Burgess Excel Pellets (19%)

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Wagg Optimum Pellets (17%)

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pets at Home Pellets (14%)

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Dodson and Horrell Pellets (14%)

• Dodson and Horrell Chudleys Royale Rabbit Mix (14%)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Supreme Science Russell Rabbit Mix (14%)

• Pets at Home Museli (not sure about fibre content)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other Museli Mix 14% fibre or higher

• Other Museli Mix 10% or higher (e.g Wagg Bunny Brunch 10%)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (please state in comments)

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters

nessar

Warren Veteran
I thought it would be interesting to see what brand of rabbit food people actually feed the most of, wait for the poll, it'll take a while as its a long one!

I have tried to put the food in order of fibre content, I THINK I've got it right, but feel free to correct me :) the fibre content is the '%' you see next to it.

If you cant find the one you feed on the list choose 'other' and state below the brand, whether it is mix or pellets and if you know it the fibre content.

Other users will not be able to see what you have chosen, you can choose more than one type :)

eta- I'll start us off with Burgess Excel Pellets. I also use Bunny Brunch but havent included that because it is not through choice (they came here on it) and I will be changing them over asap!

Last edited:
iv 2 on wagg optimum 1 on a mix(he came on it) 1 on excel(shes a fussy eater) hopefully guna change over to SS :)

Mainly Allen & Page.

Muesli and Starbuck also get Bunny Basics Junior to help maintain weight.

Kenco and Fay also get Protexin Profibre pellets added to their pellets to help maintain healthy weight and provide higher fibre to Kenco's diet.

P@H dwarf at the mo, soon to be scooching over to Excel dwarf. Not until we've finished abx though, I don't think his little tummy could take all of the changes at once. His gut is very delicate, one pellet too many and we're cleaning up fecal pellets that are half cecal :roll: (the vet had a look at some of his odd fecal pellets and said they were like a crossover between fecal pellet and cecal).

P@H dwarf at the mo, soon to be scooching over to Excel dwarf. Not until we've finished abx though, I don't think his little tummy could take all of the changes at once. His gut is very delicate, one pellet too many and we're cleaning up fecal pellets that are half cecal (the vet had a look at some of his odd fecal pellets and said they were like a crossover between fecal pellet and cecal).

Have you got him on a pro biotic alongside the antibiotics?

Have you got him on a pro biotic alongside the antibiotics?

Yeah, it helped a little bit. The first time they gave us nothing because they didn't think the septrin would cause a problem, but it did. They should've just given me a barrel of probiotic the amount of abx he's been on. We've been given and probiotic and a prebiotic for the baytril so hopefully his tummy will remain a happy place.

Yeah, it helped a little bit. The first time they gave us nothing because they didn't think the septrin would cause a problem, but it did. They should've just given me a barrel of probiotic the amount of abx he's been on. We've been given and probiotic and a prebiotic for the baytril so hopefully his tummy will remain a happy place.

Glad it helped. You can buy Avi-Pro, Biolapsis and Pro Fibre pellets on vet uk. Works out much cheaper than the vet if you need them long term.

I would highly recommend Biolapis, as that is what I have had from the vet in the past when Tink has had a funny 5 and it has worked a treat so far.

Pets at Home pellets. I previously have tried Wagg Optimum and Excel pellets, and found they never enjoyed them as much as the P@H.

Spillers - there virtually the same as Alan and Page and £3 cheaper and better for keeping weight on.

Last edited:
Burgess Excell but looking to change to a higher fibre pellet when I am finished with this bag.

Back