• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a large carrier (for 3 nethies)

Im also keeping an eye out for a large carrier, one that is big enough for 3 nethies.

I have a "medium" Sharples and Grant, its the size of a Gulliver 2 but i hate it and im not sure its big enough for the 3 of them.

The ones ive seen dont look much bigger than mine and are so expeinsive! I dont mind paying a little extra, but only if its a good size and will last.

i have 2 nethies and a mini lop and i got a medium carrier from the range which is fine.
at first while i load them it looks a bit small but once we start moving they all squish into one corner anyway and it leaves half the carrier empty! :roll:

i got a top opener as well which is brilliant if you have more than one bunny. i can pick out each in turn and the vets without any hassle.

I have a cabrio pet carrier. I fit my small/medium trio in it well enough for short trips. They don't have a lot of room but prob nethies would have more space.

I've got the large pet carrier from Wilkinsons and it comfortably takes Joejoe a dwarf lop who is actually rather hefty (3kgs+) and a Nethie dwarf. if it just for going to th evets and back i don't think it's necessary to have something huge as they just slip and slide all over the place - i don't mean they should be cramped in - just that they don't need oodles of room, when as elis-mum quite rightly points out they always huddle up together in one corner anyway (just to make you look a plonker when you walk in the vets all lopsided :roll::lol:)

I have this one: https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Pet+Travel+Carriers.156/Deluxe+Pet+Carrier+2.541.html

which takes a 3.5kg bunny and a 2kg bunny. Or a standard rex (not sure about her weight) and her 3 babies.

I also have a 48cm one that I wouldnt reccommend because of the clips so I wont link it, but the size is enough for 3 baby rexes (12 weeks) not sure how much they weigh but I'm guessing theyre about the size of the nethies. Or my 3.5kg bun on his own.

Thanks everyone :wave:

Ill keep an eye on this thread and come back to it when im ready. Im not getting one until theyre bonded as theres no guarentee it will work, but we shall see *fingers crossed* Its nice to have a look around though, and see whats on offer.

Back