• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a bunny safe log/tree stump

But i dont know what wood/trees are actually safe for them :oops:

We dont have any trees, and the last time i asked my neighbour for a branch, she brought some stalky twigs, bless her!

Id like something i can put in the run for them to sit on and chew. Any ideas where to go?

:wave:

i give my rabbits willow, apple, pear branches as thats what I have access to and its always been fine :wave:

I want something nice and big, so its a bit of a feature really. The run has a couple of hanging toys, tunnels and natural toys but i want to try and make it look more natural/woody. If that makes sense? :?

Id love to have piles of hay, soil bark, branches and natural toys etc all over it, but im a neat freak :oops: and it looks a mess and takes ages to maintain and keep tidy.

I could possibly get you some willow logs? keiths tree fell down - hes chopped it all up for my buns and he said hes put it up farm so il have a look :)

I could possibly get you some willow logs? keiths tree fell down - hes chopped it all up for my buns and he said hes put it up farm so il have a look :)

:shock: YES PLEASEEE :D :wave:

See if hes got a nice big bit, or a few so i can make a little log pile :) Ill have to come up some time, i miss it up there :(

...Dont miss your Trinny threatening to go for me on a morning though!! :lol:

I want something nice and big, so its a bit of a feature really. The run has a couple of hanging toys, tunnels and natural toys but i want to try and make it look more natural/woody. If that makes sense? :?

Id love to have piles of hay, soil bark, branches and natural toys etc all over it, but im a neat freak :oops: and it looks a mess and takes ages to maintain and keep tidy.

Thats what I have, I surround the bark chips with logs so they dont spill everywhere and then they nibble the logs too. And I have wooden boxes with soil :D

ETA - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=279619&highlight=trio+playground heres some pics!

Last edited:
Thats what I have, I surround the bark chips with logs so they dont spill everywhere and then they nibble the logs too. And I have wooden boxes with soil :D

ETA - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=279619&highlight=trio+playground heres some pics!

Ohh wow!!! :love: It looks great, the other thing would be earwigs, i bet theyd love to make their home in all the shoil, urhhhh. :lol:

They do get a box of soil every now and again, i dont leave it in because i noticed it attracts flies :? I guess they must use it as a litter tray!?

:shock: YES PLEASEEE :D :wave:

See if hes got a nice big bit, or a few so i can make a little log pile :) Ill have to come up some time, i miss it up there :(

...Dont miss your Trinny threatening to go for me on a morning though!! :lol:

Oki doke i dont know how big theyl be or anything i havent had a look coz iv got a big willow log off him that wont fit in run till aviarys up so il look this afternoon and see what there is :) when can i bring piglets round? is evening ok? :)

Ohh wow!!! :love: It looks great, the other thing would be earwigs, i bet theyd love to make their home in all the shoil, urhhhh. :lol:

They do get a box of soil every now and again, i dont leave it in because i noticed it attracts flies :? I guess they must use it as a litter tray!?

Theyre soil/chips get changed every 2 weeks as they do poo on them, their so funny once ive cleaned it all out they sit in a line and wait for me to tip the bag of chips in, and then I start pushing it into the corner and they go mad jumping on it before ive even moved it! they havent got any of it right now as Domino has a sore foot and i dont want any dirt getting into it, so they have just hay, they look at me like Im abusing them! "mummmmmmmmmmm give it back!"

:love:

Theyre soil/chips get changed every 2 weeks as they do poo on them, their so funny once ive cleaned it all out they sit in a line and wait for me to tip the bag of chips in, and then I start pushing it into the corner and they go mad jumping on it before ive even moved it! they havent got any of it right now as Domino has a sore foot and i dont want any dirt getting into it, so they have just hay, they look at me like Im abusing them! "mummmmmmmmmmm give it back!"

:love:

:lol:

Awwww bless them! Im going to get myself another big bag of soil and hide it from dad so he cant use it for his plants again :roll:

Got some logs of xxranxx :D

Will post a thread asking for more ideas. Thanks so much! :wave:

Back