• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A true Rabbit Tale

luvabun

Warren Veteran
:wave:

A colleague of mine has a couple of rabbits. Recently the next door neighbour knocked on her door as there was a rabbit loose in her garden. They managed to catch the rabbit and my friend put up posters around locally and at the Vets etc.

She sent me pics as she wasn't sure of the breed, age etc. Difficult to say for sure but he has huge ears and oversized feet so my guess is that he's a young Conti male.

He's very friendly :love: She intended to take him to the Vets if there was no response to the posters.

A knock on the door...... it was the owner who was able to verify it was indeed her bun.

The young woman admitted that she was a single Mum and that as she had had rabbits before, a friend had bought this one as a present.......... for the 3 week old daughter :(

:censored:

The owner said that she could see that the bunny would have a much better quality of life now and admitted she didn't have the right accomodation and that he has already escaped once. So she asked if my friend would keep him. My friend has agreed and told her she could visit at any time (she's a softie).

So now he's going to get a new, bigger hutch and all the necessary Vet treatment (jabs etc.) :D

Good for your mate :)
I think we may need pics please!

:wave: Just for you

KBbun.png

Any thoughts on the age/ breed?

Aww thanks :D
Gorgeous bun :love::love:
Maybe a Flemish Giant? (his ears & colour look the same as my Flemish girlie)
He does look young but not so young as to be concerned.
So glad he has a 'proper bunny mummy' now.

He is gorgeous!! Good of the previous owner to hand him over too. I would call her a good owner simply for that gesture.

Oooooh he is just.. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

He is gorgeous!! Good of the previous owner to hand him over too. I would call her a good owner simply for that gesture.

Oooooh he is just.. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:wave: I would agree with you too, especially as he was purchased by a friend, she's probably relieved that he's gone to a good home and she has a valid reason to tell her friend.

Back