• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Most popular hutch'

I agree it's far too small but unfortunately there is no guideline for a single rabbit. :(

That exactly the size I have just now, and it's not just the length, it's the depth of it that's inadequate.

I thought it was more than adequate when I got it, I soon learnt differently........

Actually if you look at these sites, this will be one of the largest hutches on there :( to those inexperienced they probably think it looks big.

'suitable for rabbits of all sizes' pfft.

I think it's to do with the fact that hardly anywhere sells hutches that are 6ft or larger. Especially high street pet shops. If you walk past a shop with small hutches every day you're going to think it's the norm and fine for a rabbit. How is anyone to know differently? And people that sell the big hutches can get away with charging a lot more than they're actually worth because they're one of the only places that does sell them. :(

Grim was in a four foot double hutch when I got him because it was the biggest I could find. And I thought it was huge. :shock:

when we got floppy he was in a tiny ferplast cage we knew nothing about 6 foot or anythin noone tells you anythin in the pet shop other than buy this he now has a 2 story hutch in our house with a cage on for extra space much better

I think my bigger concern is the part that says:

'a long ‘run’ on the bottom level where your rabbit can make its daily exercise.'

I don't like the hutch but it just about makes 12sq feet over the two levels so if attached to a suitable size run its bearable, but that satement implys an additional run isn't needed.

new rabbit owner

New to the site

I have just gone to the link regard s the most popular hutch, i am a new Rabbit owner too 2x lops and would not recommend listening to any pet stores advise on the best type of hutches.....I first thought the same as most novice owners that the rabbits would be fine in such hutches.

but still bought a hutch that as a run 4x4 and top 2x2, I know that we will need to buy a bigger hutch shortly when they grow bigger, but we also have an indoor cage with seperate run connected to it so they can exercise every day.

Just wondered if anyone out there had any places for 6x6 hutches?

Thanks

I guys thanks for that, my wife said about a shed too, i even thought about putting shelfs and high runs in it, what do you think?

Back