• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is 'gone to seed' cabbage okay for rabbits to eat?

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
A friend with an allotment gave my mom a huge-ass cabbage that has 'gone to seed'. Apparently it's not fit for humans anymore, and it tastes bad. But is it okay for buns? Ie any bad toxins or chemicals? I gave them a corner and they're eating it fine so they obviously don't care about the taste!

it will be fine. Mine get them all the time from the allotment. They are the same family as broccoli or calabrese, which is the closed flower heads of the plant. I don't think that the leaves taste any different - they just don't look as appetising to us.

it will be fine. Mine get them all the time from the allotment. They are the same family as broccoli or calabrese, which is the closed flower heads of the plant. I don't think that the leaves taste any different - they just don't look as appetising to us.

Okay fab, thanks :love: I had a look through and it looked the same, didn't taste too good but nevermind! The bunnies thought it tasted yum :lol:!

Thanks for letting me know it's okay! It would be such a shame to waste it, it's like 2ft x 2ft :shock: I kinda want to put it in with the rabbits and see if they die of shock at the size of it :lol:

Back