• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Watery nose

Alicia

Mama Doe
Sorry for the strange title to this thread, I wasn't sure what to call it :lol: Yesterday Archie had some clear watery discharge round his nose. It wasn't very much at all, and was just on his nose, not on the fur or anything. I was just wondering if this is normal? Like the same way humans sometimes get runny noses?
It wasn't very much at all, and he's acting totally fine, nothing different at all, so I don't think he's ill, but I don't know much about respiratory problems and I didn't know if this could be a sign of one or whether Archie just had a runny nose.

Thank you :) I'm really worried, I thought it may be snuffles, but I don't know much about snuffles, I didn't realize it could be a teeth problem. He needs to have his myxi vaccination soon anyway, so I'll ask the vet to check him then, but if it gets any worse before then I'll take him in.
Ever since I got the rabbits I've been worried about them getting dental problems :(

i would go to the vets and have his teeth checked and his nose/chest etc aswell. if it is anything like a respiratory infection he can get started on treatment sooner rather than later. hope it's nothing to worry about though. :wave:

Thank you :) I haven't checked his nose today, because when I saw it yesterday I just assumed it was a runny nose and it was fine, but after seeing whitehood's thread earlier today I realized that maybe it wasn't normal so I just wanted to check here. I'll check his nose again in the morning. He is still eating as normal, but he does seem a little bit lighter than normal, when I pick him up, he is lighter than Molly, but only a bit. He still eats just as much as normal, they have seperate bowls so that they don't steal each others food.
If I took him to the vet this weekend would I be able to get his myxi vaccination at the same time? It would be a week earlier than he needs it (the rescue said to take them to be vaccinated again in July) but would it be ok to get it done at the same time? I just worry about the stress of them going to the vets so if I could combine the two it would be less stressful for Archie. If that wouldn't be a good idea then I will take him seperately :)

Back