• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whitehood

Warren Veteran
The discharge was light yellow and has been cleaned with lukewarm water
I've also kept the wet tissue in a sandwhich bag should I take it with me?

Tomorrow I shall phone my vets - The Pet Vaccination Centre and book an appointment

I suspect its either gunk or snuffles
But I hope it will get treated and healed earlier rather than later :(

I suspect my vet will give me meds.. What else would she need to give me?
And what medicine?
The averedge price for the meds?
And the averedge price for everything inc. Meds?
And .. Will she charge more for checking the tissue?

Last edited:
Good luck. Make sure the vet checks his teeth. When Mischief got a runny nose it was due to a spur on his back teeth. :( We had to get it sorted asap as if we left it it would form an abscess and they are difficult to treat and many bunnies are pts because of them.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Good luck. Make sure the vet checks his teeth. When Mischief got a runny nose it was due to a spur on his back teeth. :( We had to get it sorted asap as if we left it it would form an abscess and they are difficult to treat and many bunnies are pts because of them.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Thank you !
I will tell the vet to check the teeth aswell .

Can someone answer my questions please if they know the answer :wave:

I would have thought that would be included in the examination.

This is what I thought too, I was wondering if it would cost more because maybe vets would send it to a science vet person who runs tests on the discharge and examines what the cause of the discharge is :wave:

This is what I thought too, I was wondering if it would cost more because maybe vets would send it to a science vet person who runs tests on the discharge and examines what the cause of the discharge is :wave:

Yeah that would cost more if they had to do that, but i don't think they'd get enough of a sample from the tissue. If they had to sample the discharge they would take it straight from Luckys nose onto a sterile swab.

Good luck at the vets by the way, hope it's nothing serious!

I belive Lucky has had a runny nose before, no idea about allergys in rabbits but do you think it could be anything to do with him being sensitive to the hay you use or anything? I hope it's nothing serious anyway and good luck :wave: x

I belive Lucky has had a runny nose before, no idea about allergys in rabbits but do you think it could be anything to do with him being sensitive to the hay you use or anything? I hope it's nothing serious anyway and good luck :wave: x

Yup your right
He has but I always thought it was gunk ..
How do I found out if he is allergic to the hay I use ??
I put my nose to it and don't sneeze ?

Thanks

Yup your right
He has but I always thought it was gunk ..
How do I found out if he is allergic to the hay I use ??
I put my nose to it and don't sneeze ?

Thanks

I have no idea sorry, I am probably wrong about that, I don't really know sorry :wave:

:wave:
Took Lucky to the vets today
I thought the discharge stopped but when my vet checked Lucky's nose there was still some there :(
So I asked her to check the teeth and she did by using a device which holds Luckys mouth open by holding the teeth .

She gave baytril which has to be given twice a day

I think she tranced Lucky though.. By holding him like a baby in her arms.
Also..
It cost £60 !
When Lucky and Jack had a fight for the first time ages ago I took them to another vet practise where they checked them and gave medicine all for £50 :/

ETA: Do you think the price is worth it?

Last edited:
:wave:
Took Lucky to the vets today
I thought the discharge stopped but when my vet checked Lucky's nose there was still some there :(
So I asked her to check the teeth and she did by using a device which holds Luckys mouth open by holding the teeth .

She gave baytril which has to be given twice a day

I think she tranced Lucky though.. By holding him like a baby in her arms.
Also..
It cost £60 !
When Lucky and Jack had a fight for the first time ages ago I took them to another vet practise where they checked them and gave medicine all for £50 :/

ETA: Do you think the price is worth it?

You can hold a bunny like a baby without trancing it :wave:
It depends how their head is positioned as to whether or not they'll be tranced.
It depends on whether the vet is rabbit savvy or not. A good bunny vet is worth all the tea in china :)

You can hold a bunny like a baby without trancing it :wave:
It depends how their head is positioned as to whether or not they'll be tranced.
It depends on whether the vet is rabbit savvy or not. A good bunny vet is worth all the tea in china :)

Lucky looked really stressed I wanted to yell "stop!"
I think my vet does know about rabbits but not in depth ..
I was advised to panacur my buns 4 times a year.. If I didn't seek advice from RU I would have panacured them .. Without knowing it doesn't prevent it treats..
I am going to register with another vet clinic who are rabbit savvy and they're 7 mins away from me so are the current vets but I want to only use them for vaccinations.

Back