• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch has arrived!

steveg

Warren Scout
At work just now but am reliably informed that our new hutch has arrived by courier.

Peter, our twelve week old cross started off in a 3 foot hutch, of this I am now deeply ashamed:oops:. We moved on to a 4 foot two storey, which he is still in. Both of these were second hand and relatively inexpensive, fortunately.

Had I read this forum beforehand i would not have made these mistakes.

Anyhow, we now have a 6 x 2.5 x 2.5 which will be built tomorrow, weather permitting.

Third time lucky as they say.................:wave::D

i think the majority of us started off with hutches that were way too small but at least you have changed that. better than the people who know and don't care. :wave:

the hutch sounds great. :D

This makes me very happy! Hearing about bunnies getting accommodation upgrades is such great news. Can't wait for photos.:D

Lucky bunny, it's not where you start that matters it's how you carry on, sounds like you have your rabbits best interests and welfare at heart, that makes him a lucky bun :D

Don't beat yourself up! You were likely given bad advice and you simply didn't know. The important thing is you're doing the right things now! :thumb: When we got our first bunny we just bought the indoor cage he was being housed in at the pet store. Of course, he was only 12 weeks old so he still had plenty of growing to do, and we swiftly realised it was too small (common sense told us!). So we used it as a base only and he free-ranged whenever we were home. This was upgraded to a 48" dog crate cage base when Miffy came along from the rescue (another lesson learned, now totally pro-rescue!).

You live and learn! I've owned bunnies for almost 7 years now and am still learning plenty.

AMETHYST

Great news. :D Spenser is still in his 5x2 two storey hutch - unfortunately I spent a LOT of money on it. Peter is a very lucky bunny indeed - I'm sure he'll love the extra space. :D:D:D

Peter is very lucky to have you and your family :) Most rabbits start off in hutches but sadly a lot don't progress from that. You have improved his set up within days of getting him! Good luck with the hutch build :D

You sound like proper bunny loving people.
Rabbits can give so much back to you.
Dont feel ashamed most of us are have been through the same.
All the best to you and Peter:love:

Thanks folks. I'll definitely posts photos once it's up and Peter's in.

My son has joined Facebook recently, hence his absence from here. Can't see the fascination really, chatting to folk on computers.....:lol:

Back