• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Both girls were in the same section this morning!

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all!

As some of you know I bonded my trio a while back and it was all great...then I went away for 6 weeks and OH was looking after them and moving them slowly into their new setup.....well it worked great until they got the run and the neighbours bun came over...all hell broke loose & the girls (sisters) started fighting so much that OH had to separate them.

I returned from being away and basically we have been swopping the girls over to have a day each with Archie (male) and though its not ideal - its all we could do until I returned and was able to start bonding them again.

This morning though - Arrabella was in the upstairs section that Indiana was in....:shock: She had obviously ran up the ramp and pushed open the door and then it shut behind her & they were both stuck up there. They had obviously had a squabble...as there was fur. But not too bad...I did notice that the litter tray which usually covers the door was now also claimed y Arrabella & Indiana was sitting int he corner.:?

OH did have a brick over the door to weight it down...but as they never tried....we didnt bother and its been fine....:roll:well obviously Arrabella decided to venture up and try.

We are so thankful they didnt fight too much. Phew....

Anyway - as they seemed quite content and we gave them each a full check over - we decided perhaps they had decided it was time to sort things out and it would be ok....so I put them both into a carrier...where they just relaxed...and missioned for over an hour descenting all traces of anyones smells in the whole hutch. We then sectioned off an area and put them in the run...welll...they wetn for each other straight away....:( Odd - they were fine in a small space where they couldnt hop about...as soon as it was a bigger area it didnt go too well. We then made the area smaller...but still it didnt work....Archie was indoors...he wasnt coming out to see the action though he could have if he wanted too. It did appear that Arrabella did launch herself at Indiana and Indiana did stand upp & box Arrabella as different times.:(

So we seperated again , did another full body check and have decided that we will have to start from scratch....so another sleepness week coming up when I decide to start.

Sorry its so long.
Im hoping there is a chance still for them to re-unite....otherewise it will be swopping over for the next 10 years.....

Any advice or tips - please do feel free to give!
Im going to start the bonding process including Archie...poor man having to be confined for ages when he is not fighting with anyone....in the lounge...which they do have access to - so will stop their access and vinigar the whole place.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::):):):):):)sad...but hopeful....else one lonely bun every 24 hours....:?

oh nooo, im guessing its because the run isnt neutral anymore.
Its promising they can tolerate each other in the carrier, so I would start again in a small neutral area and im sure all will be fine. When you move them back make sure the hutch and run is thoroughly neutralised too otherwise it will all kick off again..

Good Luck!

oh nooo, im guessing its because the run isnt neutral anymore.
Its promising they can tolerate each other in the carrier, so I would start again in a small neutral area and im sure all will be fine. When you move them back make sure the hutch and run is thoroughly neutralised too otherwise it will all kick off again..

Good Luck!

:)thank you for taking the time to read through my looooong post...:oops:
I also thought perhaps the run still smelt too much of one or the other....difficult as they all go in the run & hutch at various times....

I cleaned the hutch with vinigar & hot water for ages and ages....(like 2 hours) so I thought it was neutral...but they fought in there too.....it was so hard to stop them when they were in the hutch...hard to reach properly.

I will have to start all over again in a smaller space...and try to neutralise their hutch and run again.

Thanks for your help!:D

Sending all the vibes I can muster that the two lovely girlies can become friends again. It does seem that there are more hopeful signs now. xxx

Thanks guys! Back to swopping the girls over every2 4 hours...will be able to re-start bonding soon hopefully!:D

Back