• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too Much

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
went this afternoon, his temperature is high so had an injection of painkillers and antibiotics. vet said although no outward signs of myxi, as he hadnt been vaccinated it was a slight possibility. also said that he was a bit snuffly - i explained that he has suffered with chronic snuffles since i got him over two years ago (he's been off antibiotics for 2 years now) vet said that sometimes snuffly buns develop pneumonia. vet also said his teeth were a little bit spurred at the back.

oh, and he's overweight, and should be eating more grass - he's a housebun, how on earth can i get him to eat grass? i have a garden, divorced from the house that's paved! vet nurse suggested a thing called "kitty lawn", a kind of grow- your- own- lawn- anywhere-type thing.

TOO MUCH TO TAKE IN!

any ideas from anyone???

i have to take him back tomorrow for another check-up

em

I really hope that it is not Myxi. Tons of vibes for your bunny :cry: x

p.s. if you can find somewhere rural (park/cemetry) or friendly neighbour with untainted lawn/grass (no dogs/cats fouling it) then you can pick and feed grass (it will keep in the fridge for a few days). Also have a look around for some dandelions, plantains, or tree leaves (apple, pear, hawthorn etc) all perfectly safe and loved by bunnies :wave:

The vet didn't mean he should eat more hay, did he? He really meant fresh grass? My vet always advises more hay and fewer pellets for a bunny who's overweight. :)

AMETHYST

The vet didn't mean he should eat more hay, did he? He really meant fresh grass? My vet always advises more hay and fewer pellets for a bunny who's overweight. :)

AMETHYST

Yes absolutely agree, sorry, very tired here. Hay is just as good as fresh grass and if your bun has never had grass before it would be advisable to introduce VERY slowly indeed. Far better to initally slowly cut down the dried food ration in order to encourage your bun to eat more hay. This will also help those dental spurs but be warned, if the spurs are already too painful then your bun may turn his nose up at eating lots of tough fibrous hay in which case a dental would be advisable provided your bun is fit enough to withstand a GA at the moment. :?

Back