• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More questions about the Runaround tunnel and flower door :D

cloughie

Banned
Looking to buy a runaround tunnel and 2 flower doors today. Would a 5" diameter door be ok for the average dwarf lop size bun...mine are around the 2kg mark.

Also I would like to get the stronger clasps...how would I order these...is there an option when buying it online to request these?

:wave:

The 5" diameter door should be fine for that size, my two are of a similiar weight (just under the 2kg mark) and they don't struggle to get through.

For the stronger clasps you could either buy one of the double door parts or buy the double door flower part itself, those come with four plastic clasps and two of the bottom plastic holder bits. I think that works out a bit cheaper than buying the double door seperately.

Could always ask them in your order or before you order though as they're quite easy to speak to, very helpful too :)

Edit -

Just to add that if you fancy saving a few pounds I'd buy one double door and one normal flower. I use the double door at the hutch point, as the hutch is a foot or so off the ground, so the stronger clasps support that and then the normal connection is fine for the run part. Both connections are fine anyway to be honest, I just think the clasps are a bit stronger than the other bit.

Last edited:
Anyone else think the tunnels are a bit small? My wildie (under 2kg) loves them but they rest of my tribe don't seem interested in trying them out (average weight 2.2kg). The selling info really should mention rabbit size.

Hi

I have quite a few bits of the Runaround system and my buns absolutely love it.

I have had a few queries when ordering in the past and have e-mailed or rung them. Caroline, who deals with queries, is incredibly helpful and as a rabbit person herself has a real understanding and appreciation of rabbit sizes and needs.

So I would suggest giving them a ring or e-mailing as I am sure you would also receive excellent advice and help.

Thank you :wave:

Thought I would ask on here first as I never get around to phoning/ e-mailing my enquiries...will do it eventually though :lol:

If you are worried that your buns wont get through the hole, cut out a hole the same size as the tunnel in a cardboard box, put the buns in it and if they get out through the hole they are big enough to use the tunnell

Back