• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

licking...

Rachy Roo

New Kit
not sure weather this is the right place to put it, sorry if not..

just a question,.. my 8 week 4 day old bun (got him/her 4 days ago) likes to lick my arms and face? everytime h/she is out? if i lay down on the bed the little bun is straight to my face licking away,..she/he will hop about and go for a sniff, then snuggle down next to me and either sleep, or lick?..why is this? i dont mind one bit, just curious :)

She loves you and wants to groom you to make sure you are all clean and nice! :love: :love: :love: :love:

After 2 years Pie still doesn't groom me! :roll: You are very lucky to have a bun that loves you so much already! ;) :love:

aww thats so nice to know!! bless my little bun,..im as gently as can be with him/her and h/she loves to be stroked around the ears/head and cheeks, aww aslong as the little one is happy :) thank you for the replys :)

Peter, my 12 week old is a licker! Once I've petted him, he spends a full five minutes licking my ears, face, head and even my eye lids!! It's very sweet, and I always make sure he gets grommed in return.:D

He must really love and trust you to be licking you after 4 days.:wave:

oh yes i think mine is a licker too, he loves to lick my face whilst im still in the process of strokin his cheeks,.. ive noticed its the forehead, cheeks, nose and eyelids h/she goes for the most, i think h/she may trust me more for been gentle and giving him or her there space if thats what h/she wants/needs, not been too overwhelmed,.. its nice to know the little one is happy :) altho s/she is goin for his/her first vet cheak up tomorrow and mixy jab :( bless, but if h/she needs it so be it, plenty of praise and groomin once home, also will finally find out if the little one is a jasper or a sweetie :D

Rachy, do you not know if your bun is a male or female? Did you get him/her from a shop?

Just read the end of your post, sorry missed it first time. Be sure to let us know what you've got!

thank you for the replys, ill find out tomorrow what ive got, weather a little boy or girl :) i got him/her from a family friend whos mother rabbit had a little of 6, mine is much smaller than the rest so persumin h/she must be the runt?..hopefully everything will go ok for his/her cheak up tomorrow :) and the vaccination, bless my little bun :(

yey, found out today that my little bun is a girl, she went for her first cheakup today at the vets, and her mixy jab,..she did so well, quite calm and didnt move when her vac was givin, plenty of groomin and snuggles when she got back,.. after many of names i was torn between sweetie (as thats what she is a little sweetie or poppy as she loves to hop about, but changed the h to p, finally weve decided to call her poppy :love::love: :)

Back