• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried sick - BamBam- he's gone :(

He's my old boy, very nearly 8. Will explain more later when I'm not on my phone, but i think its his teeth. Woke up to a dribbly mess trying to pull at his mouth. Never had any issues with him before!

He's had metacam, and seeing vets as soon as i finish work. Vibes for him pretty please. you have no idea how special he is!

Last edited:
Just cottoned on to who you are!!!!!!:shock:
Lots of vibes to this fella.Dont worry.He'll be fine,I have all faith.xxxxxx

Aw poor Bambam, was he trying to pull at his mouth? it's just thats what Joejoe was doing when he'd - unbeknown to me at the time - eaten some brush bristles and got one stuck in the roof of his mouth, so maybe it coud be a sharp bit of straw/hay or something rather than his teeth?? Hope he's ok, sending lots of vibes xxx

lots of vibes for Bambam and hope the vet sorts out whatever the problem is with his mouth, for him.

sue:wave:

Ok, back from the vets. He's lost almost half his body weight :shock: She had a look in his mouth, and his teeth are fine, but he's dribbling like you wouldn't believe, and also has some spots of blood on his fur, theres a tiny wound under his jaw. At first she thought he had some kind of mass in his mouth, and he has some chest sounds, and a slight eye infection. So I have to carry on with metacam and he now has baytril. I've also got to thoroughly wash and dry him to see where all the moisture is coming from. She said hypersalivation could be caused by any number of things, and his age doesn't help. He is literally wet from his mouth down to his feet, all his chest. He's not actually pulling at his mouth, I got that wrong, it's his leg he's pulling at.

I've seperated him from Summer for the time being and got him inside, confined to a cage. He's eating well, He has (or rather had) a bowl of critical care, he's had his veg as normal and has chomped some readigrass. She said his guts feel completely normal, so thats one less worry.

She thinks he has some other stuff going on, which the weight loss is connected to, and not become apparent until now. So I have to give them a ring tomorrow to let them know how he is, and he may well be going in for blood tests, and have mild sedation so they can look at his mouth thoroughly. They don't want to completely anaesthetise him at present.

So none the wiser really. Any more vibes you can send his way would be appreciated, and if anyones experienced hypersalivation before I'd be interested to know the causes. I have to be honest and say I still think it's something to do with his mouth, so hopefully he'll be strong enough for some gas tomorrow.

Sorry if this is just a load of rambling nonsense, so much racing through my mind :(

He's 8 years old on 7th July, and he will get to his birthday ok!

Thanks for the vibes :love::love:

He's clean and dry now but still looks so ill and sad :cry::cry: miles apart from my little anger management bitey bunny. He's still eating, but I've not noticed him eat any hay or readigrass for a while, he's had about 2 pellets, and 2 small bowls of critical care with some grated carrot. I've been able to have a good feel all around his mouth - normally I'd have lost a finger so he's very ill!

Now to wait and see if he gets soaking wet again...

Keep the vibes coming please, it looks like it's going to be a long night :cry:

Thank you all.

Theres no change in his condition. I spoke to the vet earlier who wants him to have another 24 hours of of medication, then he's in the vets tomorrow for some gas, blood tests, xrays, and another mouth examination.

My poor poor boy :cry:

Sending lots of vibes.
Do you think it would be a good idea to bring his partner in as well? He might stop eating if he misses her?

Sending lots of vibes.
Do you think it would be a good idea to bring his partner in as well? He might stop eating if he misses her?

I don't know... I thought about it but she's quite OTT, and a complete pig. At least while he's alone I know exactly what he's eating. Vet wants him confined to a cage too, and I couldn't possibly put them both in there, she'd go spare. I could bring her in to see him for a while tho, but don't know if that would make him worse.

He stopped eating last year when his partner Bubbles died, so I dashed to a local rescue with him and got Summer the same day. He'd still eating so I'm not sure he cares that she's not here :(

Back