• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like giving up sometimes...

Julia123

Warren Veteran
My neighbour called me over today to say that her estate agent had called her and asked her to tell me that she has 17 rabbits because her bunnies had babies..... :evil: and can I help!

This after 48 hours and over £258 of vet treatment for one of the rescue bunnies I'm helping Jane Dexter with. I could have cried, screamed, ranted but instead I just said I would call to advise her on separation and neuter etc. What more can I do? Every rescue I know is full!!

It makes me so sad that these completely avoidable situations occur :evil: I'm trying to help raise funds for desperately needy bunnies who have had a terrible life and most are very weak and sickly... and then this :evil::evil:

I won't give up...but sometimes I feel like it :cry::cry:

My neighbour called me over today to say that her estate agent had called her and asked her to tell me that she has 17 rabbits because her bunnies had babies..... :evil: and can I help!

This after 48 hours and over £258 of vet treatment for one of the rescue bunnies I'm helping Jane Dexter with. I could have cried, screamed, ranted but instead I just said I would call to advise her on separation and neuter etc. What more can I do? Every rescue I know is full!!

It makes me so sad that these completely avoidable situations occur :evil: I'm trying to help raise funds for desperately needy bunnies who have had a terrible life and most are very weak and sickly... and then this :evil::evil:

I won't give up...but sometimes I feel like it :cry::cry:

I can see why you'd feel like that, just remember it's not the animals who are to blame and that's why you do what you do, to help them not the people who create the problem (hugs) the worlds a better place for 'special' people like you.

People like you do a fantastic job - just remember that. xxxx :wave:

Some people think it will ''be cute'' to let their bunnies have lil' fluffy bunny babies! :roll:

I've kept bunnies for years [and not always knowing what I know now] and never had a litter...so it can be avoided! - stupid people :censored:

Thank you - just needed a rant! Just makes the issue of education more pressing, if only people were given the correct advice...if only you there was no such thing as bunnies for sale in shops... if only every shop replaced their 'stock' with information on local rescues.... one day....

Thank you - just needed a rant! Just makes the issue of education more pressing, if only people were given the correct advice...if only you there was no such thing as bunnies for sale in shops... if only every shop replaced their 'stock' with information on local rescues.... one day....

if only the powers that be would get some balls and make some legislation, give them another 30 years to get round to seeing sense. Your not alone, you just have to remember that no matter how small, how insignificant the conversation or bit of information seems it all matters, from little acorns....(hugs)

if only the powers that be would get some balls and make some legislation, give them another 30 years to get round to seeing sense. Your not alone, you just have to remember that no matter how small, how insignificant the conversation or bit of information seems it all matters, from little acorns....(hugs)

Thanks x I've researched the legislative issues.... so many loop holes you could use it as a fish net!! You are right, we just need to keep plugging away at educating people...one day the mighty oak will rule!!!

Back