• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Earwigs in hutch and run??

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
I noticed earwigs under the lid of my run the other day, and as I just went to give her her veg tonight I opened the hutch door and 2 ear wigs fell from the roof into the hutch.
The hutch is on legs on patio and the run is in the garden so not even connected.
Any idea on a safe way I can get rid of them? And can they harm my rabbit??
I sprayed animal safe disinfectant on the ones on the run and they all vanished?

There are lots around my hutch too but they are harmless and nothing to worry about! Just sweep them up and move them on, getting rid of them entirely isn't an option! They are part of natures clean up crew, harmless!

Shudders :shock:

I posted a thread last year, i was having panic attacks over cleaning the hutch out! :oops: Im so scared of them.

Someone reccomended wet rolled up newspapers around the hutch, aparently they crawl in there instead, but your probably going to get them still.

I realised i could suck them up the henry hoover without killing them, then tip them out somewhere away from me and my pets!! :evil:

Roxy my bunny loves eating newspaper though and ripping it up so rolled up newspaper to catch them wouldnt really work!
Theyre so horrible arent they urgh

They are natural, I wouldn't worry too much, in the wild bunnies come across all sorts of creepy crawlies. In fact my girl Bobby ate a spider once :shock: *turns green*

They are natural, I wouldn't worry too much, in the wild bunnies come across all sorts of creepy crawlies. In fact my girl Bobby ate a spider once :shock: *turns green*

ew! :shock:

one of mine once bit a beetle in half and its legs were kicking for ages while she sat watching it with great interest! i felt ill!...

johnsons do a hutch spray that is supposed to repel mites and insects. i do the shed in it about twice a year and it seems to do the job.
you have to take the binnies out for a couple of hours though as it stinks!

Back