• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Handsome Michael-*WARNING* Now Contains Distressing Photo of Alysia

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He's a looker and he knows it !!

010-15.jpg

011-16.jpg

Last edited:
omg what the hell happened?:cry:

Alysia and Big Libby (My Flemish Giant) came from an appalling breeder who had over a hundred Rabbits crammed into tiny hutches in a festering, rat infested shed. There were SEVEN other Rabbits with Libby in a 4ft hutch :cry: None could move, turn around or stand up.

This is a pic of Libby taken after C (our Vet) had operated to remove a huge abscess from her spine. The abscess was caused by an untreated bite wound :cry:

Picture059.jpg

This breeder claimed to belong to the BRC and to regularly attend BRC Shows...........

C said that she believed that Alsia's injuries were 'chemical burns' :cry: The Breeder claimed that Alysia had an 'allergy' to a special powder bought from P@H which she had been using on a sore on her back. The Breeder 'did not believe Vets knew what they were doing' so never went to them..................

Many of you already know this but for those who do not I was arrested for the theft of both Libby and Alysia as I posted about them on here and someone (I know who) tipped the Breeder off. She called the Police and hence I was arrested.

In the end I was forced to agree to hand Alysia over to the RSPCA (who unbeknown to me were working on a case against the Breeder) as the Breeder said she would drop the accusation of theft if I 'gave the *pregnant* Rex back. She didn't want Libby.................

I had been detained in Police custody all day and my other Rabbits were unattended. I HAD to ensure my release that day so I felt I had no option but to hand Alysia over. Given her injuries The Police agreed to the RSPCA taking her,not the Breeder. However, the RSPCA told me that 'because of my actions they can now not pursue their case against the Breeder and they may have to return Alysia to her legal owner (the Breeder). To this day I do not know what became of Alysia. The RSPCA refused to tell me as to them I was the 'criminal' (for getting two severely injured Rabbits the Veterinary treatment they desperately needed :?)

It was a nightmare experience and it still has a profound effect on me today. The worst part is the not knowing what became of Alysia. It would even be 'better' if I knew for certain that she died or was PTS. But she might well have gone back to her abuser......................

:cry::cry::cry: I am sorry this has upset you again. How so so awful. At the very least you got to keep Big Libby.

I really hope Alysia didn't go back. Even worse case scenerio, the RSPCA would closely moniter and would never have given her back without her fully recovering.

You can never blame yourself, you did the right thing knowing what you did. I think we all would.

Some people are truely nasty. The breeder and the person who reported it. :evil:

OmG:shock: Jane that is the first time I have heard that, it is a terrible story and one I assume you do not like to tell, it must have been awful then and now to be brought up again - I am pleased you have big Libby and give her the amazing care that you do.xx

Alysia and Big Libby (My Flemish Giant) came from an appalling breeder who had over a hundred Rabbits crammed into tiny hutches in a festering, rat infested shed. There were SEVEN other Rabbits with Libby in a 4ft hutch :cry: None could move, turn around or stand up.

This is a pic of Libby taken after C (our Vet) had operated to remove a huge abscess from her spine. The abscess was caused by an untreated bite wound :cry:

Picture059.jpg

This breeder claimed to belong to the BRC and to regularly attend BRC Shows...........

C said that she believed that Alsia's injuries were 'chemical burns' :cry: The Breeder claimed that Alysia had an 'allergy' to a special powder bought from P@H which she had been using on a sore on her back. The Breeder 'did not believe Vets knew what they were doing' so never went to them..................

Many of you already know this but for those who do not I was arrested for the theft of both Libby and Alysia as I posted about them on here and someone (I know who) tipped the Breeder off. She called the Police and hence I was arrested.

In the end I was forced to agree to hand Alysia over to the RSPCA (who unbeknown to me were working on a case against the Breeder) as the Breeder said she would drop the accusation of theft if I 'gave the *pregnant* Rex back. She didn't want Libby.................

I had been detained in Police custody all day and my other Rabbits were unattended. I HAD to ensure my release that day so I felt I had no option but to hand Alysia over. Given her injuries The Police agreed to the RSPCA taking her,not the Breeder. However, the RSPCA told me that 'because of my actions they can now not pursue their case against the Breeder and they may have to return Alysia to her legal owner (the Breeder). To this day I do not know what became of Alysia. The RSPCA refused to tell me as to them I was the 'criminal' (for getting two severely injured Rabbits the Veterinary treatment they desperately needed :?)

It was a nightmare experience and it still has a profound effect on me today. The worst part is the not knowing what became of Alysia. It would even be 'better' if I knew for certain that she died or was PTS. But she might well have gone back to her abuser......................

Picture059.jpg

Oh my god Jane, I knew something had happened but I never knew what. I had no idea that you went through all of that.

I hope to god that alysia didn't suffer anymore than she had done. I'm in tears here. xxx

Michael is lovely :love: Alycia was too, poor bunny. But she knew love when she went to live with you no matter how short for. :love:

Surely they wont have handed her back in that state. :cry: If you're allowed to say, how did you find out about her? xx

Michael is lovely :love: Alycia was too, poor bunny. But she knew love when she went to live with you no matter how short for. :love:

Surely they wont have handed her back in that state. :cry: If you're allowed to say, how did you find out about her? xx

Someone on here went to the Breeder to buy a Rabbit, not knowing what they would see when they got there.

Micheal, Alys and Big Libby are all gorgeous bunnies.:love::love:

I remember you telling me that story of poor Alysa and BL before. You did so much for them and at least Alysa got to feel real love and care with you for a short while. It annoys me that the law sees pets as property even when they are being so badly abused. Surely the "owner" has waived all rights once the pet is in such a bad way?:cry::cry:

What a horrendous story:(:(

I hadn't heard it before. I just hope Alysia was OK.

To see pictures of Big Libby now you would never know she had had such a dreadful start in life.

You are a true bunny angel, Jane.

Unfortunately the Breeder did not stop

When all this happened she was only a few months out of a previous 5 Year Ban on keeping animals after a conviction for cruelty and neglect of two ponies. The ponies had to be PTS, they were too far gone to be helped :cry:

:censored:

Back