• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating newspaper?

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
Is it okay for a bun just to sit and eat newspaper? Like literally, just sitting eating it as if it were food.
Lilah sits and eats it for like 20 minutes at a time, shredding it up and stuff. Jazzy only eats whats already been shredded by Lilah :lol: Lilahs's ate quite a lot, should I stop her?
Is it bad for them? Should I take newspaper away completely? Sox has never ate newspaper, so I'm a little confused :oops::lol:

Thanks!:)x

Is she actually eating it or just shredding it? If any of mine started eating newspaper I'd remove it in case it caused a blockage. :)

Is it okay for a bun just to sit and eat newspaper? Like literally, just sitting eating it as if it were food.
Lilah sits and eats it for like 20 minutes at a time, shredding it up and stuff. Jazzy only eats whats already been shredded by Lilah :lol: Lilahs's ate quite a lot, should I stop her?
Is it bad for them? Should I take newspaper away completely? Sox has never ate newspaper, so I'm a little confused :oops::lol:

Thanks!:)x

No I don't think thats good, cover it in a thick layer of hay thats much much safer ;):wave:

Is she actually eating it or just shredding it? If any of mine started eating newspaper I'd remove it in case it caused a blockage. :)

Ooh I never knew that :shock: they've been eating it since Monday! Will they be okay? I'll take it all out tomorrow!

I covered it with loads of hay but they just dig it out the way :roll:

Thanks!!:)xx

:wave:
Ooh I never knew that :shock: they've been eating it since Monday! Will they be okay? I'll take it all out tomorrow!

I covered it with loads of hay but they just dig it out the way :roll:

Thanks!!:)xx

Yes I stopped using newspaper because mine were eating it not just pushing it around or shredding it, better to be safe than sorry I'd say, if they are eating well and drinking and pooing, you might have been lucky tbh, as you've noticed it's a problem I'd go with removing it.:wave:

Back