• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit with skin problem- ? tumor

denirose

New Kit
I have a rabbit approx 4 yrs old male, not neutered. We just discovered this skin problem. at the top of his neck is a hard yellow white patch of tissue. It seems sensitive to touch. around and below that the skin is excoriated and the fur is gone. that seems to be from the rabbit licking. We don't have money for a vet. I am a nurse and I can do alot treatment wise but I don't know what we are dealing with.
Here is a link with pics.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...sid=F07B8C3D7BA2D8CF!633&authkey=bgAL5zp*UXk$

thanks

I'm sorry but he really needs to see a vet, who is allowed to dispense suitable meds for a rabbit. Nobody here would be able to diagnose with a piccy and then recommend medicine and dosage.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum. The link doesnt work for me.
I am sorry but I think you should take your rabbit to a vet. If you can get a photo on here, all anyone can do is take a guess! Only a vet can diagnose, carry out tests, treat, prescribe etc.

Hello and welcome to RU,that looks very sore.Your bunny will need appropriate treatment and pain relief from a rabbit savvy vet.A lot of vets will do a payment plan if you dont have a lot of money

I can't really tell from the photos, but the location of the lump would possibly suggest either a bacterial or fungal infection. Infections under the chin or on the chest are sometimes caused by dental problems. A vet will be able to diagnose the problem and check the back teeth for spurs. It shouldn't cost a lot of money for the initial consult fee, and it might be something easily cured with the right treatment.

Back