• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

10 wk old does fighting

angie r

New Kit
i have 2 does from different litters purchased together from same enclosure at my local pet store they have been fine until 2nite when they were either really rough playing or fighting could this be a terrotorial issue or could they be feeling frisky ?::(

i have 2 does from different litters purchased together from same enclosure at my local pet store they have been fine until 2nite when they were either really rough playing or fighting could this be a terrotorial issue or could they be feeling frisky ?::(

Are you CERTAIN that they are Does ?

If they're actually attacking each other or getting distressed you NEED to seperate them. One big fight and chances are they'll remember and may not bond in the future. They should be spayed as soon as old enough and once the hormones have settled you can bond them again

IF they are both does it will be their teenage hormones kicking in. Depending on how bad they are they may be ok to stay together for a few more weeks until they can be spayed or they may need to be seperated until they can be spayed at 4-6 months and then rebonded.

As Jane pointed out they could be a boy and a girl, buns are hard to sex when young and pet shops arent always great at it. Have they been vaccs yet? If not I would book them in for their first vaccs and get the vet to sex them at the same time

fighting does

IF they are both does it will be their teenage hormones kicking in. Depending on how bad they are they may be ok to stay together for a few more weeks until they can be spayed or they may need to be seperated until they can be spayed at 4-6 months and then rebonded.

As Jane pointed out they could be a boy and a girl, buns are hard to sex when young and pet shops arent always great at it. Have they been vaccs yet? If not I would book them in for their first vaccs and get the vet to sex them at the same time

thankyou for your advice i hope you are not right and they maybe a buck and a doe .they havent been vacs yet but good idea to be sure.after their brawl they were quite happy to wash each other as usual.

thankyou for your advice i hope you are not right and they maybe a buck and a doe .they havent been vacs yet but good idea to be sure.after their brawl they were quite happy to wash each other as usual.

Have they got cuts/ bleeding or was it just fur pulling?

I would book them in for their mxy vaccs asap and get the vet to check their sex, I would also ask at what age yuor vet would be happy to neuter.

Your buns can have their vhd jobs 2+ weeks after their mxy

Have they got cuts/ bleeding or was it just fur pulling?

I would book them in for their mxy vaccs asap and get the vet to check their sex, I would also ask at what age yuor vet would be happy to neuter.

Your buns can have their vhd jobs 2+ weeks after their mxy

no they havent any cuts or bruising and they didnt seem to be pulling each others fur they were both lchasing each other then both sort of lay on their sides and were using their hind legs to kick one another.thanx for advice on jabs too;)

That doesnt sound too bad and it sounds hormonal rather than mating but I would Definately get them to the vets ASAP for checks and discuss neutering, depending on how long the vet wants to leave it you can make a decision from there

Back