• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you weigh your bunnies?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
and what are their breed and recent weights

i got some electronic kitchen scales, weighed my bunnies earlier

both mini lops

mabel - 0.95kg (was 0.98kg at vets last week)

lox - 1.36kg (was 1.48kg at vets last week :shock:), maybe he took the chunky comment to heart, but has played in nan;s garden alot recently

not anymore, i found that when i was weighing them my paranoia about illness spiralled out of control and i was waiting on one getting really ill if they dropped just 1g :oops:

at the Vets the other week Alvin was 2.1kg and i didnt ask how heavy holly was as shes just slightly smaller than him. both don't feel skinny and both eat well and both are very healthy acting, i cannot go back to insane me ever again :shock:

I don't actually but I feel like I should start doing as Bernard looks like he has piled on weight :shock:

I wouldn't even know what weight they should be at to start with though :? ..

SiDney and Lola went to vets for jabs today and were both weighed ;

Lola weighs 3.9k

and ..............

SiDney weighs 4.6k!!!!:shock::shock:

SiDney is now on a diet!!

Charlie weighs 1.9kg and Milly weighs 1.6kg.
Charlie is a lionhead x dwarf lop. He's lost weight since I got Milly because he's actually had to run about :lol:
Milly is a crossbreed :)

i know locksley is within his weight range, even when vet called him chunky last week :shock: :lol: i thought nope he is the average mini lop weight range

i have to keep tabs on mabels weight, as that is the indicator on her with her dental issues

Yes but mainly my indoor bunnies. Starbuck (dwarf lop) has lost weight lately, usually he's around the 2kg mark and was down to 1.94 at the vets a month ago, and on our home scales is 1.8kg (but I think they are a bit out). He will be going to vets soon for a teeth check. He has had mites and is moulting heavily so I think this may be affecting things.

Muesli is a harlequin lop and he weights 2.6kg so is now in his healthy range, having been underweight before due to illness.

Generally I weigh mine every 6 months at vaccination stage. Otherwise its only if I'm concerned about them for some reason.

Little Joey is weighed every few days as he has been poorly for quite a time and I need to know he is maintaining his weight now his syringe feeds have stopped

WoW:shock: You MUST post more pics!!:D

Just seen pics OMG she is GORGEOUS :love::love::love:

Haha, was just going to say there's a whole new thread of her today!

But one more of her being stretchy bunny! OH is 6'2"!

DSCF5710.jpg

Back