• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want 2 medium to large bunnies

bodgaboy

New Kit
Hi, I have just purchased a 2m chicken coop in the hope of finding 2 bunnies but am actually having great trouble finding some. I would prefer neutered already as cannot separate them. There are very few in my area needing homes so need help. Thanks

Hi,

Well done for thinking of rescuing some bunnies! Would standard rexes be big enough? I have some needing homes, they should grow to be on the larger side of medium, the mum needs a home too, see here:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291349
eta- they aren't neutered but I could have them done before they left, or you could do so yourself (if they are a same-sex pair they wont need separating for neutering)

How big is the covered section, the 'hutch' bit of the chicken coop? Do you know how wide the coop is? The reason I ask is that most rescues will look for a certain amount of space covered, and a certain amount overall for the bunnies to run about in, so you may have to modify the coop a bit.

Most rescues will have rehoming requirements roughly based on the Rabbit Welfare Association's guidlines, although all are individual, so have a look, you can find them here http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm

yep if you give your area I'm sure we can all give you a choice of lots of pairs in need of a good home:D

just north of newcastle. Looked at local places and also on a local facebook page but seem thin on the ground at mo which I suppose is a good thing.

Hi,

Well done for thinking of rescuing some bunnies! Would standard rexes be big enough? I have some needing homes, they should grow to be on the larger side of medium, the mum needs a home too, see here:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291349
eta- they aren't neutered but I could have them done before they left, or you could do so yourself (if they are a same-sex pair they wont need separating for neutering)

How big is the covered section, the 'hutch' bit of the chicken coop? Do you know how wide the coop is? The reason I ask is that most rescues will look for a certain amount of space covered, and a certain amount overall for the bunnies to run about in, so you may have to modify the coop a bit.

Most rescues will have rehoming requirements roughly based on the Rabbit Welfare Association's guidlines, although all are individual, so have a look, you can find them here http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm

just north of newcastle. It's about 2 ft by 2 ft plus the nest box another 2ft by 1ft. The whole hutch is covered and they will be let out into the garden and house for exercise.

just north of newcastle. It's about 2 ft by 2 ft plus the nest box another 2ft by 1ft. The whole hutch is covered and they will be let out into the garden and house for exercise.

do you mean metres?

have a look at the link for the rexes, I have 2 baby boys, 1 baby girl and mum - if you are interested PM me and I'll give you my email address and we can go into more detail :)

the only problem would be getting them there, I live in Aberystwyth, so about 5 and a half hours drive away, but we should be able to organize a bunny run (where different members each take the bunnies part of the way)

let me know if you're interested :)

There's bunnies in hartlepool looking to be rehomed, which isn't so far away, and saw a few in the tyne & wear section of rabbit rehome, so take anothe rlook and see if anything catches your eye.
*waves hello* Might be living in Scotland now but I'm a North east girl, born and bred in Teesside/Stockton, so likely know where you are!

Just an update. Pawz for thought seem to have a couple of pairs looking for homes.one mother and daughter have never been out of foster care. Waiting for home visit :)

sorry sorry sorry, my apologies, I completely misread it and apologise.

No problem. I love animals very much and would never think about owning one unless it was going to have a very happy life. I get upset and in fact have fallen out with my next door neighbour because if the size if her hutch.

There's bunnies in hartlepool looking to be rehomed, which isn't so far away, and saw a few in the tyne & wear section of rabbit rehome, so take anothe rlook and see if anything catches your eye.
*waves hello* Might be living in Scotland now but I'm a North east girl, born and bred in Teesside/Stockton, so likely know where you are!

Thanks, I couldn't find any pairs in Tyneside, maybe I wasn't looking very well. Got pawz for thought coming for a home visit this week so hopefully get one if there pairs. :)

Hi, I am in Newcastle area. as well.
FARPLACE RESCUE in Bishop Auckland area often put their rabbits on here .
They have a lot of bonded pairs.
They have a website as well.
Look forward to hearing about your new additions.:wave:

Back