• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay shortage

tickles

Mama Doe
Is anyone else experience this i went to the local farm where we buy our hay and they said sorry we cant sell you any as we have a shortage ?

Just called our farm and they say it is going incredibly quick. Not a shortaage from supplies, everyone is juat coming and grabbing what they can as they are all running low!

My place says they have plenty till the new stuff comes. Not much help given I am prob too far away to help.:(

There's a huge North/South divide for crops/hay this year as we've had enough rain north of Birmingham so supplies/crops are doing fine. Further south things are really down and not looking good. A friend with a farm/livery yard is really worried about how they'll cope for the rest of the year; not enough hay and not enough crops to sell to cover costs. It's quite dire :cry:

Back