• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking Starfish to the vet + piccies U/D post 6

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
She has a hard lump near where the last one was removed from and it is oozing cream coloured pus. Not sure what to think, watch this space!

Some piccies because I am the luckiest Bunny Mummy!!

SDC11559.JPG

SDC11565.JPG

SDC11589.JPG

Last edited:
Home again. There are lots of little lumps along the scar line. The vet thinks she has reacted to the internal stitches from her op given time scales. She said it is more usual for cats and dogs to react like this but they do occasionally see it in rabbits. She has baytril to try and help clear it up and I need to squeeze as much as I can out each day. Each one is more pimple sized, not big and hollow.

I worry that her lump is coming back because there does seem to be another bit under the skin. All this is fab timing given we are off to Spain for two wks on Sat. My friend who has had rabbits for many many years will be looking after her so she will be in good hands.

Just had a good squeezing session and given her the med. Got the usual look of disgust at the taste but she sat really well while I squeezed and washed.:love::love: she is such a good wee thing - except when it is going back to the hutch after free ranging. Then she runs like the wind!!

Lovely pics. Starfish is such a charmer. :love: Sending healing vibes for her and pus-squeezing vibes for you.

What a pretty bunny.Why Starfish?????
Hope she gets rid of these spot things.xxx

Why Starfish the name? She was given it when she was rescued by Honeybunny. It starts with thousands of starfish which were washed onto the shore and being cooked by the sun. A boy was throwing them one by one into the sea to save them. Hew was asked why he was bothering given the fact he could never save them all but he held up one in his hand and said, 'no I can't help them all but I can help this one.'. The day Starfish was rescued, Jill was talking to someone, the Duchess I think, and she said to Jill that this bunny was her starfish of the day.

Hope I have retold the story so it makes sense! I had to ask too!!

I know!:roll::roll: just glad she is here where she gets help for them, not still stuck with someone who just wants to breed her.

Aww, she's just so gorgeous! :love: Hope the pus squeezing isn't too awful and she heals up soon. Sending lots of vibes for the beautiful Starfish xx

Poor little girl:( and poor you with this worry..
Lots of vibes for this special girl..and the lump where her old one was removed could just be scar tissue..will keep fingers crossed it is
xxxx

Thank you everyone, I just feel like I am being so cruel to her. She sits flinching and shaking on my knee while I am supposedly helping her.

Jill, I am so sorry. You trusted me with this angel and look at the state of her now.:(

Thank you everyone, I just feel like I am being so cruel to her. She sits flinching and shaking on my knee while I am supposedly helping her.

Jill, I am so sorry. You trusted me with this angel and look at the state of her now.:(

Sometimes we all have to do things to help a bunny even if it upsets them a bit whilst we are doing it.

Starfish is lucky to have you and you are doing an amazing job!!

Back