• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
hey guys I am not sure where to put this here will do for now if it needs to be moved then thats ok lol

Ok.... Yuki is 4 years old, yuri is under a year both girls.

I am saving to have yuri spayed and once she is I want to bond them (I think >_<)

here lies my concerns... when I go away somewhere I leave them with my parents I am really worried they will fall out and start fighting and one of them will get hurt or worse...... I worry they wont be able to handle that or that they will mistake playing for fighting and separate them

I know the simple answer to this is not leaving them with my parents but I am scared of leaving them at boarding incase they catch something or arent cared for properly and leaving them with someone I dont know

I know that this is silly as they will be able to care for them much better then my parents as they are professionals and have more experience... I also dont know how I would afford it

with the above I think I just need reassuring with peoples experiences of boarding

the other concern is that they fall out while I am out and I cant stop it and one of them gets hurt or worse......

I want them to have each other as I want them both to have company and I think it will really help yuki who seems down a lot.....

Last edited:
I would like advice, experiences etc... on bonding...

also how to go about it whether its best to do it yourself, send them to someone who knows what they are doing etc....

thank you chul, you are brave to have done it yourself I dont know if I could I would worry about every behaviour sooo much.....

guys if you get someone to do it for you when you bring them back to your home will it affect all the work the person did to bond them because your brining back into an area that isnt neutral I mean atm they are both in the living room at separate ends -its something I worry about

thank you chul, you are brave to have done it yourself I dont know if I could I would worry about every behaviour sooo much.....

guys if you get someone to do it for you when you bring them back to your home will it affect all the work the person did to bond them because your brining back into an area that isnt neutral I mean atm they are both in the living room at separate ends -its something I worry about

You would have to neutralise before they came home!

I feel thick.....

I worry that if I do it I will take a I am the dominate bun get out my spot nip for a I hate you bite and blow it out of proportion, or get confused with more aggressive no no behaviours and continue when I should stop.....

I would like to know if most of you did the bonding yourself or got someone to do it for you

also who does bonding, where it would be possible to get it done, etc,,,

ok ^_^ thank you

I shall note all this down does everything need wiping down with it, skirting boards, carpet, lower walls etc?

I think it is meant to yes, though people do bend the rules... like myself :oops: but it isnt worth the risk really

I think it is meant to yes, though people do bend the rules... like myself :oops: but it isnt worth the risk really

no I agree I shall tackle it at all ends then ^_^ thank you

now I need to find a place thats trusted and bonds buns as I dont trust myself to do it right

I do it so each rabbit can see and smell each other and i swap their food bowls and toys and put them into each others cages and when i finally put them together they are used to each other.

Back