• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies rest for longer now it's light all evening?

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Or are mine just lazy so and so's??! :? They get up about 6.30 and go back to bed about 9.15am, then sleep for most of the day until about 4.30. They then mooch around a bit and munch some hay until teatime at 5.45, then sit/flop for another couple of hours :roll: it's not until about 9pm that they get a bit more active, then bedtime is 11-11.30pm, so they really don't do much at all!! They weren't like this in winter!! :?

Last edited:
All mine do is sleep! :shock: Then just as I want to sleep they start causing havock! :shock: Normally 3-5am is their trouble time. The probably flop out or sleep from 10am up until 5pm, then do a little running around, then are sleepy again by 8pm :lol:

All mine do is sleep! :shock: Then just as I want to sleep they start causing havock! :shock: Normally 3-5am is their trouble time. The probably flop out or sleep from 10am up until 5pm, then do a little running around, then are sleepy again by 8pm :lol:

Oh good!!! :lol: I'm glad it's not just mine!! Have they always been like that or are they more active in winter?? :wave:

I was starting to worry my 2 were being very lazy.

They spend about 8 hours under my bed doing nothing at all. I put pieces of paper under there, so they have something to do.

I thought it may have been because they are older bunnies.

Its like having a couple of cats. I never knew bunnies slept so much. :lol:

Oh good!!! :lol: I'm glad it's not just mine!! Have they always been like that or are they more active in winter?? :wave:

I actually don't know, they must have been more active in winter or else I wouldn't have noticed how lazy there are no I guess :lol:

Or are mine just lazy so and so's??! :? They get up about 6.30 and go back to bed about 9.15am, then sleep for most of the day until about 4.30. They then mooch around a bit and munch some hay until teatime at 5.45, then sit/flop for another couple of hours :roll: it's not until about 9pm that they get a bit more active, then bedtime is 11-11.30pm, so they really don't do much at all!! They weren't like this in winter!! :?

Rabbits are crepuscular. This means they are more active at dawn and dusk. They will be less active at other times of the day so their behaviour is actually right lol :)

My two lazy so and so's wake up at 4am, make lots of noise till I am got up at 5am for pellett time. they stay awake till ten, sleep till 2ish when Ian gets home, they then get veggies.

They sleep then till six, have a mooch then flop out till 10.30 which is when they go mad and run round like idiots in my room and their room, Bobby belts up and down the stairs :lol:

I think they then sleep at about midnight till fouram, I think they have started getting up later as the clocks went forward :wave:

I was starting to worry my 2 were being very lazy.

They spend about 8 hours under my bed doing nothing at all. I put pieces of paper under there, so they have something to do.

I thought it may have been because they are older bunnies.

Its like having a couple of cats. I never knew bunnies slept so much. :lol:

do you give them some crayons too:D:wave:

Rabbits are crepuscular. This means they are more active at dawn and dusk. They will be less active at other times of the day so their behaviour is actually right lol :)

Yes I know that :lol: it's just that their rest time is getting longer and longer!! :?

mine seem very lazy. at 9am when i go to put them in their "run" (which should be called "large sleeping enclosure on the grass") where they mix grazing and sleeping (90% sleep, 10% grazing). they go back into their wooden sleeping enclosure at around 7pm when they have their dindins and then they sleep til I go to bed at around 11pm. then they make a racket p*ssing about in their hutch outside til it sets to dogs off inside so OH gets up and puts the dogs back to bed and tells the bunnehs to behave.

:roll::lol::lol:

mine nap at about 9sih until 12, then again from about 2 til 4. if i dare pick them up or get them into the run during these times they are very grumpy!

They seem more active in the dark, but as I am indoors i'm not sure what they get up to, unless i go outside then they are begging for cuddles!

Mine are more active throughout the day when in their run or free range out the back. Between 10am and 8pm they can completely demolish an 8x3 run of grass and clover, regardless of the length of the grass.:lol: I think they must then sleep it off through the night cos they are not eating much hay at the moment!!

Back