• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bags of Hawthorn anyone?

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
I've been out foraging this morning and it occured to me that some folks might be glad of the opportunity to buy some freshly snipped Hawthorn for their buns :D I have a good supply and it is all from a garden facing hedge which hasn't been treated or sprayed so nice & clean & safe.

If this is of interest to anyone I can put a thread up in the fundraising section - all profits going to Honeybunnies Rescue :wave:

My suggestion would be to offer filled parcel bags measuring 16'x12' (weighing around 400g each), sent via second class for £4.50 a bag.

What do you think? Any takers?

Example bag:

Hawthorn.jpg

I'd be a taker.

How long will they last?

With your two? Not long! :lol:

I've had some in the garage for 5(ish) days and it's just starting to dry. It's fine dried too though, just that the leaves might drop off the stems :D They eat the lot btw, the woody bits & the leaves :)

With your two? Not long! :lol:

I've had some in the garage for 5(ish) days and it's just starting to dry. It's fine dried too though, just that the leaves might drop off the stems :D They eat the lot btw, the woody bits & the leaves :)

I'll have 2 bags straight off then. Does the £4.50/bag include carriage? :)

I'll have 2 bags straight off then. Does the £4.50/bag include carriage? :)

It certainly does Gray :D:wave: Thank you very much. I've just submitted the new thread so need to wait for it to appear but I'll get snipping!!!

It certainly does Gray :D:wave: Thank you very much. I've just submitted the new thread so need to wait for it to appear but I'll get snipping!!!

My two have never had hawthorn, but with Ginger's gut as it is, any additional planty weedy stuff will help us here :)

My two have never had hawthorn, but with Ginger's gut as it is, any additional planty weedy stuff will help us here :)

All the foster buns go mad for it, particularly Savannah :love: I believe it has similar benefits as bramble and so should be good for Ginger :love:

Going to nip out so if I miss out, I am definitely interested and would like 1 bag for my beasties if you could maybe save me one and I'll paypal as soon as I get back in.

If not no worries xx :)

My four eat too much for me to able to sell any - I'm only just managing to put enough by to dry for winter :lol:

For anyone feeding hawthorn, though, please remember to take the berries off as they are best not eaten by bunnies :wave:

My four eat too much for me to able to sell any - I'm only just managing to put enough by to dry for winter :lol:

For anyone feeding hawthorn, though, please remember to take the berries off as they are best not eaten by bunnies :wave:

Good point Blackers :) I shall ensure that none of the Hawthorn I send has berries on :wave:

I'll have a couple of bags, please, if there are any left. Withh 11 buns I don't think they'll last long but it'll be a nice treat.

Back