• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Final Update

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Breeder rehoming several buns free to good breeding home.
i cant face to turn my back on them knowing they will be bred over and over i cant take them all on but if i can save the does?
or could a rescue help:wave:

Last edited:
Rescues are already overflowing and you want rescues to take on lots of bunnys from a breeder? :?

hmm suppose just saw he is rehoming his breeding stock free to good home and dread to think what would happen to them :/ maybe your right ignore me im sure they will be fine

Are they in any danger? Do they have any medical issues/illnesses? Or are they like the 10's of other adverts on the freeads?

If the latter, do they really deserve to be priortised over the 30+ rabbits that are waiting patiently on a rescues waiting list?

what do you mean by danger if you mean being taken on by another breeder and then bred so more unwanted rabbits are in the world yes.
going to bite the bullet ill find someone who can take them on somewhere even if i take all does away and keep them myself:roll:

breeding pair of dutch rabbits free to a good home black/white doe yellow/white buck .Also 1 doe black/white NOT RELATED TO BUCK 1 black/white buck .Also 2 biue otter minilops does 1 black otter minilop buck 1 butterfly buck house move forces us too scale down any more info please feel free to phone

this is the ad

what do you mean by danger if you mean being taken on by another breeder and then bred so more unwanted rabbits are in the world yes.
going to bite the bullet ill find someone who can take them on somewhere even if i take all does away and keep them myself:roll:

Good luck Floppyears :D i hope your able to find them good homes :D

Great. So a breeder decides to move home and the buns are just 'thrown out'.

thats my point graham but the ad is saying theyre breeders i cant sit back and watch them go into a breeder home again.

i honestly thought they would be a worthwhile case didnt realise that allowing these to go to another breeder home to produce more unwanted rabbits would be ok by rescues.
:shock:

disapointed isnt the word!

Unfortunately that is not what I would call danger.

I took 11 rabbits from a breeder once. One had advanced liver disease, One needed prolonged treatment and operations on his eyes, and three were so matted they couldn't move.

This WOULD have been classed as danger due to all needing veterinary attention. The "breeder" had been treating the liver disease and eye issues bun with things found around the house and worming pellets :shock:

thats my point graham but the ad is saying theyre breeders i cant sit back and watch them go into a breeder home again.

i honestly thought they would be a worthwhile case didnt realise that allowing these to go to another breeder home to produce more unwanted rabbits would be ok by rescues.

:? I would've thought so too. Being advertised as breeder rabbit seems like they will be taken on by breeders and produce more babies.... wish I could help.

If I took in every rabbit discarded by a breeder here, I would be overun and have standing space only.

What about strays, pregnant rabbits, very young orphaned babies, injured rabbits, ones at risk of predators eg dogs/foxes

This is why one rabbit may have priority over the "I'm moving on the weekend and bunny can't come with" bullpoo

If I took in every rabbit discarded by a breeder here, I would be overun and have standing space only.

What about strays, pregnant rabbits, very young orphaned babies, injured rabbits, ones at risk of predators eg dogs/foxes

This is why one rabbit may have priority over the "I'm moving on the weekend and bunny can't come with" bullpoo

That is a good point.

Maybe you could find fosterers missFloppy? It doesn't have to be a rescue, just individual people who could foster one or two. I have no idea how difficult that would be to do though :? Not sure how many people locally would be willing to foster..

i suppose i dunno im just shaken up because im too strong willed dont have 7 6ft sheds but im going to do what i can do too get these buns out of their.

this is how i ended up with all my 6 :roll:
too big hearted

Just a point as well- I took in 5 "dumped" rabbits.

Woody has so far cost me £140
Buttercup cost me around £60
Jessie cost me around £60
Buzz cost me around £45
Bo-Peep cost me £920

Make sure if you are to go through with this, you, or any fosterers, are able to fund them. :)

I think any rabbit/animal could be in danger on these freeadds. But like you say, you cannot save them all.

Just a point as well- I took in 5 "dumped" rabbits.

Woody has so far cost me £140
Buttercup cost me around £60
Jessie cost me around £60
Buzz cost me around £45
Bo-Peep cost me £920

Make sure if you are to go through with this, you, or any fosterers, are able to fund them. :)

:) i have a my family here backing me up on vet bills :) thats how i afford the 6 i have :)
im lucky that any pets in the house are considered the "family" pets:D

Will all the rabbits be with you then? As fosterers surely need to fund themselves at their own vets?

I wish my family would foot a £900 vet bill for just one rabbit! Do they know what you plan?

Back