• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Advice

TinkPig

Warren Scout
Just wanted some advice from the wonderful people here at RU if I might. To cut a long story short my ex will be moving out on Saturday and both of our house rabbits will be staying with me.
The issue is that Tink is very attatched to him, as in she will sit and groom him, is constantly demanding attention from him and so on. She can be a bit delicate when things get a bit stressful, as she frightened the life out of me when she stopped eating as we were splitting up.
My concern is do you think she is likely to do this again when he leaves?
My vet was lovely enough to get in some fibre paste for me when she stopped eating before but we didnt need it in the end, but should I go and get it incase she has a funny at the weekend do you think?
Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if the bun will need it but if you can afford it, and you would feel more reassured to have it in, then fair enough.

I would take into consideration when you ex will be leaving and whether you would have access to a vet at that time, if required as some vets are not open eg on sundays.

I hope your parting is civil and as painless as possible and that your bunny will be OK.

sue:wave:

ps- maybe check with your vet surgery what the shelf-life is,of the stuff you already have?

Yes it might be worth having as a "just in case"

If your parting is nice and peacefull could your ex perhaps leave a t-shirt he has been wearing with Tink, so she can still smell him, then as his smell will gradually fade she should accept he's not there anymore.

Back