• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I couldn't walk away and leave them in P@H

mummyb

Warren Scout
Yesterday I spotted 2 gorgeous but very nervous looking little bun's in the adoption area of P@H :(
I tried to ignore as I only went in for a dog halti but......

I wandered back over and they looked very over weight. I asked to see them out :oops: I check they were both females (they were) and OMG i was hooked! They cuddled in too my neck and just nosed around :love: I decided there and then, we had the space and I couldn't walk away so brought them home. They remind me of mini Roger and Peter's hehe

Zara and Zaylee need a diet!! but seem very friendly, content little buns :love: The are both sat in the dog crate with a small pen (will enlarge soon) and hubby is building another hutch out the back for them, hopefully once they have a good run around the new hutch and run the weight will come off.

P@H think they are lops :roll:
i'm no good with breeds....any idea's?

These two photo's are Zara, very friendly and running to us every time we enter the room :love: Zaylee is a little camera shy.

Well I never. Was life a bit peaceful after bonding was successful and hocks healed?:lol: they are gorgeous though!:love:

Will you bond them in with yours or the kids rabbits?

Oh Ally I couldn't leave them in that shop! They are very fat poor things and were certainly getting no exercise in the shop....by the looks of them they have sat in a hutch their whole lives and just ate! But yes my drama's run out so had to add a couple more :lol: Life was too quite and un-stressful :D

I would love to bond them with my kid's 3 rabbit's but a group of 5 may just be alittle ambitious for me :lol::lol: I will see how things go as the new hutch and run will be beside the mini lop's area. In an ideal world they will be a group of 5 in a large shed :love: but we'll see how it goes ;)

Oh my, they are so beautiful! :love::love::love: I'm no good with breeds, but even I know they aren't lops :lol:

funny you should say that, my 12yr old was in the shop with us and when they lady told us they are lop's my daughter says.....no there not :roll:

:lol::lol:

Oh they are lovely :) No idea what they are, but if thats a 4ft dog crate they look fairly big, are they adults?

Cutiest little balls of fluff :love:

Oh they are lovely :) No idea what they are, but if thats a 4ft dog crate they look fairly big, are they adults?

No the dog cage is only 2 1/2ft x 2ft, they are approx 7mths old (according to P@H) I would say they are little bigger than our mini lops but not much.

When they sit they look like little footballs with heads :lol::lol:

Cutiest little balls of fluff :love:

No the dog cage is only 2 1/2ft x 2ft, they are approx 7mths old (according to P@H) I would say they are little bigger than our mini lops but not much.

When they sit they look like little footballs with heads :lol::lol:

aww teeney tiny podgy buns then! Big ears though :love::love:

Lol, well it's safe to say they're not lops but other than that I don't know what breed - they're are both gorgeous though. :love::love:

I love a story like this.Well done for giving thm a loving home.
Something really needs to be done on rabbit welfare.
I think since Pets at Home has started there are more unwanted rabbits.
You see people cooing over the rabbits and people just buy them on impulse
without realising there true needs.It is like a rabbit supermarket.
The whole idea of Pets at Home ,is to put some cute rabbits on show to get people in the store.
They should be offered vaccinations and have homechecks.
They are the cause of the problem.
Sorry to side track but well done ,looking forward to hearing lots more about them.:love:

What lovely girls! If they had come into the rescue, we would have chickened out and called them "domestic crossbreds". Nice names. x

aww teeney tiny podgy buns then! Big ears though :love::love:

Aww do you think so? I thought they had tiny ickle ears :lol::lol: bun then compared to Roger every buns has tiny ears :D

Think we're all agreed they are not lop's! The lady in P@H was mortified being corrected by a child :roll:

people just buy them on impulse
:oops::oops:
like me? Since I only went in for a dog halti :lol:

Thanks everyone, there settling in perfectly :D

Aww do you think so? I thought they had tiny ickle ears :lol::lol: bun then compared to Roger every buns has tiny ears :D

Think we're all agreed they are not lop's! The lady in P@H was mortified being corrected by a child :roll:

:oops::oops:
like me? Since I only went in for a dog halti :lol:

Thanks everyone, there settling in perfectly :D

She should learn not to talk rubbish then!!

yup my doc was an impulse from the adoption section

you can never help yourself

i love it when kids are right my son loves to point out all the dead fish in front of customers if we go in there ( doesnt love them dead of course just tp clarify )

they look a bit wildie your 2 either way they are tubby lil thuings :love:

They're adorable. :love:

I always look at the adoption centre, they have the stupidest reasons pinned up for why they're in there. :no:

Back