• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Devasted Poppy has Gone!

Littlemeg37

Alpha Buck
We lost our bunny Poppy today very suddenly :cry:

She was fine last night when I checked on them before I headed to bed at about 12.30 came running to the bars to get a fenugreek crunchie and gobbled it up, they both always came running when they heard me coming. Fine this morning when I checked them and topped hay and water up, I took little one to nursery at 12.15, went to shops, got back at 2.25 and she was dead!! I rarely ever go out what could have happened in a few hours, she looks fine no visible signs of illness at all, she was only about 1½ years ( not sure as didnt get much info about her when she came) and Barney her son looks fine :cry:

My 9 year old son is gutted he loved her so much and hasn’t stopped crying since he came home from school and I had to tell him, we all all so so upset

Awww thats very sad, sorry for your loss - it could be any number of things, obviously if she was vaccinated you can most likely rule out VHD, sounds more like maybe a heart attack or something, hopefully it was quick and she is now at peace.:(

i'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Poppy :( :( just over a week ago our Lily passed away extremely suddenly too, she was only just over 2 years old :cry: it's awful not knowing exactly what it could have been, our vet said it was quite likely a heart attack or something she was born with, i just wish it was something we could have prevented :cry: so sorry for you *hugs* xxx

An absolute shock for you.

You must be feeling devastated.

Our thoughts are with you...................................take care. x

Back