• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why are things never easy where buns are concerned

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry:

despritly want to get my buns in their new kennel

but now dosn't look like I can even start bonding untill november time :cry:

I have been waiting sooo long! and their not in the best of accomidation, its okay but not what I want!!

Every time I think im almost there, it gets put back by months!! I try soo hard but never get anywhere

it feels like im never gona get there at this rate!!! :cry::cry::evil::evil:

You know what I would do? I would get a cheaper shed that is about £150. That would be quicker to save up for. Then I would get a small bonding pen in the shed and go for it. It would be possible to sleep out there with them for a couple of nights and if you have a laptop you could take RU and a movie with you. Then slowly expand the space until they have the whole shed. Then you can attach your run after that. Just to the door to begin with and take it off at night. Then maybe save up to get a cat flap fitted and a permanent run.

But I also think you should bond you little family of mum, dad and baby. :p

Things never go as planned. We just do the best we can. :)

You know what I would do? I would get a cheaper shed that is about £150. That would be quicker to save up for. Then I would get a small bonding pen in the shed and go for it. It would be possible to sleep out there with them for a couple of nights and if you have a laptop you could take RU and a movie with you. Then slowly expand the space until they have the whole shed. Then you can attach your run after that. Just to the door to begin with and take it off at night. Then maybe save up to get a cat flap fitted and a permanent run.

But I also think you should bond you little family of mum, dad and baby. :p

Things never go as planned. We just do the best we can. :)

I now have a new girl Daisy so going to bond her with Rolo,Smartie and Albert

Rolo and Smartie are neuted, Albert is being done next week but Daisy can't be spayed untill sept, so can't bond untill atleast november/october time, im not allowed a shed as theirs no where to put it cos where the kennel is going their are hutches, whcih will be binned when the kennel arrives, providing the bond works!

I'm keeping mummy and baby together as they are in my room, and want to keep them there,and i couldn't cope with 3 in my room lol Matilda needs to be spayed before I can re bond them and ideally so does gracie but she can't be done untill sept time

then theres all the vacs(none have had any yet) and EC treatment *bangs head on wall*

They can be a challenge! It's good to come vent on here, but be patient, the bond will wait. :)

Tell me about it :roll: Bonding is always so difficult isn't it. Nothing goes to plan

I have wanted to bond for ages, but then Izzy died, and I'm left with a trio of males and trios are so unsuccessful I don't even want to try it, and I want another rabbit, possibly two, anyways so it makes sense to wait until I have another rabbit but things keep going on that prevents it :( Then I'd have to wait to spay (assuming I got girls) because I'd most likely adopt babies. I'm really hoping to get my babies at the end of July and then spay around October when they're old enough.

Tell me about it :roll: Bonding is always so difficult isn't it. Nothing goes to plan

I have wanted to bond for ages, but then Izzy died, and I'm left with a trio of males and trios are so unsuccessful I don't even want to try it, and I want another rabbit, possibly two, anyways so it makes sense to wait until I have another rabbit but things keep going on that prevents it :( Then I'd have to wait to spay (assuming I got girls) because I'd most likely adopt babies. I'm really hoping to get my babies at the end of July and then spay around October when they're old enough.

ahh your in a similar boat! im waiting on spaying and healing and then bonding !! i have my heart set on the kennel ive seen bt if bonding fails then i may cry aha!

im now bonding 4 instead of 3! 3 males and a female instead of 3 males!

its just so annoying having to wait and wait and wait! and then you get all excited thinking right next wee i can start them bamm something comes up and it's pushed back by months :evil:

Exactly! I kept having ill animals and being too busy and Timmy refused to eat hay so that was a huge problem that prevented it and instead of December its now July. :shock: They got neutered in October and i was like yay I can finally bond them in December when their hormones are completely gone, I can't believe how long its been. Luckily they're all happy and they housed like an inch apart and love seeing each other but I still feel bad that they don't have a proper friend. :(

I'm hoping when I have the future buns spayed the vets will go off weight instead of age...but honestly I'm so nervous about having buns spayed that I'd rather they were 5-6 months old anyways :?

Exactly! I kept having ill animals and being too busy and Timmy refused to eat hay so that was a huge problem that prevented it and instead of December its now July. :shock: They got neutered in October and i was like yay I can finally bond them in December when their hormones are completely gone, I can't believe how long its been. Luckily they're all happy and they housed like an inch apart and love seeing each other but I still feel bad that they don't have a proper friend. :(

I'm hoping when I have the future buns spayed the vets will go off weight instead of age...but honestly I'm so nervous about having buns spayed that I'd rather they were 5-6 months old anyways :?

yhh! I have 7 seperate buns! 4 boys 3 girls! 2 outa the 4 boys are neuted with 1 to go as 1 isn't being nueted

then have to get Matilda spayed as her hormones are insain! then put her back with Gracie then get Gracie spayed in sept/oct time

and have to get Daisy spayed tho not sure when depends on the vet

then wait for everything to settle then bond the 3 neuted boys with Daisy

and into the kennel, just pray they bond ookay!!

Wow and i thought im having trouble lol i only have my male and female to bond but i cant even do that :roll:

Good luck for when it comes to it though, the time will fly by :)

Back