• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soggy buns

Koni

Young Bun
I might be the cruelest momma ever but in the morning the buns go out into their run (has a waterproof sheet over half and has a plastic box they can hide in) and then they come in in the evening. If it rains... well it rains. The buns just sit in the covered area. I've brought them in when it's been a thunderstorm with hail (a week ago!) but otherwise they don't seem bothered.

Am I putting their health at risk? They don't even go into the plastic box that they can snuggle in (has hay).

I don't know whether it's cos I found them out in the wild (well, in a car park dumped) so they're slightly less bothered by bad weather or it's just they're "double 'ard"...?

They've got a bit soggy and I dried them off with a towel which they seemed more disgusted at than being damp round the edges.

Do your buns mind the weather?

Grimlock hates the rain. He doesn't like to get his feet wet and sometimes I have to carry him inside for foot. Smoo sits out in the rain. :lol:

Grimlock hates the rain. He doesn't like to get his feet wet and sometimes I have to carry him inside for foot. Smoo sits out in the rain. :lol:

:lol:

oh good. glad they're not secretly on the the phone to BunLine complaining about cruelty.

my two either hide under a tree or dont mind and will get soaked if it pours when free ranging and i end up having to dry with a towel but my sisters 2 will always run for shelter under a tree or to thier hutch :)

No they sit out in it all the time, I have towels in their hutch so they can dry their feet and like yours the run has a covered area but they still sit nommin in the rain.:roll:
that reminds me of an old R&B song,:idea: How did it go? Can't remember:oops:
I think of it in a mo:)

Two of mine just sit outside, take today for instance, it's been lashing all day, same last night, when I went out this morning the were both sitting in the corner nearest the mesh door. Now they both have hutches and big enough runs to sit far away from the weather but they never do. Today I put up a plastic sheet to protect them, but to be honest I think that was more for my conscience as they really don't seem bothered with rain. :roll::)

I have doormat in the entrance of the hutch so they can dry their feet as they come in too! :lol:

Back