• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking of getting a playhouse... 2nd hand or new??

BamBam and Summer currently live in a Willow Palace with an extra run added on, but the palace, which is only a year or 2 old is leaking, and starting to fall apart, and its a pain in the bum to clean!

I think I've worked out that a 4ft x 4ft playhouse will work out bigger than the base of the palace, and with an extra level added will give even more floor space.

Just wondering whether you guys that have playhouses have found it better to buy 2nd hand, or brand new. Do they generally last as well as sheds?

Last edited:
I got a 10x8footer off ebay for £350.
Had to collect & dismantle, rebuild, then treat & reroof, then build aviary, undermesh & turf. So spent a grand, but it's ace:lol:

Just wondering whether you guys that have playhouses have found it better to buy 2nd hand, or brand new. Do they generally last as well as sheds?

If 2nd hand it depends on age, where it's been kept i.e. in full sun etc, where it came from originally i.e. build quality & how it's been maintained. It's a case of having a look (ebay etc) & asking lots of questions :D:wave:

I would say though that if they are maintained i.e. the roof replaced as & when & the outside treated appropriately there is no difference between them and a shed of the same quality (other than the height and the chances of banging your head :lol:).

I got a 5ft x 5 ft off eBay for £50 a couple of years ago, it is still in good condition.

You may need to do a little tlc, put new felt on and repaint it ect but buying second hand will save a lot of money :)

99p :shock:

It does say 7 years old though, so yeah would def ask about it before bidding! If it sounds good though it's a bargain!

Back