• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Day I nearly Lost my Paw. By Oxo.

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Oxo: The Mummy told Lavender and I that it was time to free range, Lavender was carried up to the grass, this took longer than usual (unbeknown to me Lavender was having her nails clipped) then she came back to get me. On the way up the garden steps the Mummy sat down and flipped me on to my back and from nowhere the nail clippers appeared.

My nails are black so the Mommy can’t see the quick, this makes me very nervous as a couple of years ago she caught my quick and I have never forgotten. During the nail clipping she did it again and it was on the paw attached to my wonky leg (I was left disabled after a bout of Ecunicoli. There was blood everywhere, on the Mommy’s jeans and sweatshirt; I thought I was going to bleed to death. The Mommy held me up-right and using a piece of kitchen roll put pressure on the nail to try and stop the bleeding. My eyes were bulging, it really hurt but I didn’t cry.

When the bleeding eventually stopped I felt weak due to blood loss, the mummy put me on the grass to free range but I just sat there in a big sulk to teach her a lesson, my paw was throbbing, I don’t know if I will ever get over the trauma. Later on I did have a little toddle about but it ruined the whole free ranging experience.

She's going to pay for this big time.

Me during happier times

Babyportrait.jpg

poor oxo!

but please don't blame your mummy.. i once was taken to the vet by my mummmy for a jab and claws cutting and the vet cut me!!
this i am told is someone who has been trained so what chance does your mummy have with your black claws?

you did well with the sulking though as this can lead to hugs, nose rubs and treats.
hope you throbbing tootsie soon feels better..

from tallulah bunny. x

does your mummy have a torch? You can sometimes see the quick in dark nails if you shine a torch on them. That might stop her doing it again.

Poor Oxo - but I'm sure your mummy didn't mean it, and it's much better to have your nails trimmed than have them long and curly, isn't it?

Jack wanted to pass on his deepest sympathies for this most tragic of experiences in person but his mean human won't allow him near keyboards after a daring attempt at murdering her laptop... He thinks human beings are jealous of bunny claws and that's why we don't allow them to grow too long and let them play Wolverine. :) He also thinks other things too when his claws are being clipped short, but they should not be repeated as they are baaad bunny language.

Poor Oxo, I think mummy needs to feed you lots of tasty noms to help you recover from your ordeal. ;)

Dudley: Oxo dat is outrageous!!! Once is forgivable, just!! But twice!! Borrow Beiges laptop and look for a new The Mummy on eBay!! Me and Daisy looked once but couldn't find a suitable rich enough one! I'm sure there must be more to choose from now as it's a recession and many must have been made redundant and looking for new homes! Hope the pain subsides with some extra strong carrot juice ;)

Awww Oxo, I'm sure Mummy didn't mean to make you bleed sweetie. Keep giving her evils until she gives you an entire haybale to munch on - that will help ;)

Sending loads of nose rubs for you

:love::love:

Julz xx

Oxo: Yes I would like to grow my claws long and play Wolverine, that would be good. Dudley I'm not sure about getting a new mummy as it would mean having to get use to another hoomin and I prefer the company of rabbits. My paw feels OK now but I still have the wonky ecunicoli leg I'm not as fast as I once was.

Back