• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

REALLY! bad moulting any suggestions?

lilly and val are moulting really bad, ill open the hutch and massive clumps will fly out, it doens't look like a normal moult it's like little bits that stick out and moult. i have slight animal allergies, and because of there moulting i havn't been able to have them inside for weeks because they affect me to much.

so is there anything i can do to stop it or make it less bad?:?

You can't stop moulting...but you can help the fur out. Grooming them with a slicker brush...or giving them an all over stroking session with damp hands (you might want to take some piriton first!) Will get a lot of the old coat out.

ust answered a simular thread like this :lol: brush out every day, long hair to semi long use a slicker brush, for short hair and rubber brush or furminator is very good, make sure not to brush over and over in the same place as it can make them sore when they have no more undercoat, but if you brush them everyday you will not need to go over the same place again and again. :) you may want to get a mask to cover your mouth when grooming if you have a allegy so you dont breath it in :) hpe this helps xx

i already do grooming everyday with them two and it doesn't seem to make a difference, i havea furminator though so i may try that. i just hope the moulting stops soon haa:lol:

Back