• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Hay Hay - dust free hay anyone?

Vicki have you tried hay for pets? My buns love it, to answer your question though I have never tried dust free hay

Lots of people here do i believe - Jacks-Jane inclusive - nom nom nom! :)

I've ordered my hay4pets sample, these don't seem to do a sample :? It works out quite good £4.00 a bag if you order 10 polyprop bags you can combine 5 soft 5 stalky, but how soft is soft and how stalky is stalky, which is best? Thats the problemo:lol:

I've ordered my hay4pets sample, these don't seem to do a sample :? It works out quite good £4.00 a bag if you order 10 polyprop bags you can combine 5 soft 5 stalky, but how soft is soft and how stalky is stalky, which is best? Thats the problemo:lol:

Email them and ask if they do samples

D&D have dust free hay I order 10 of the stalky. When I first opened it I thought it looked a bit straw like, but the buns seem to love it :D Im sure if you contact them they would send a sample! If not Im happy to send you a couple of handfuls to try :D

Looks brilliant, but I'm on the verge of giving up buying Spenser posh hay, when he repeatedly shows a preference for Morrisons bedding hay (bought for his litter basin).

in the past, quite a few people have mentioned using dust free. trying to remember names.....kermit maybe? i bought some too hoping it would help my allergy. it didn't but the buns ate it.

D&D have dust free hay I order 10 of the stalky. When I first opened it I thought it looked a bit straw like, but the buns seem to love it :D Im sure if you contact them they would send a sample! If not Im happy to send you a couple of handfuls to try :D

Have you ever tried the soft ? Mine aren't overly keen on the thick burns strands for example they go for the leafy green ones so maybe soft would be better.:wave: Thats a really kind offer but I'll get a sample from them I think wouldn't be fair to use yours and you be out of pocket.

Looks brilliant, but I'm on the verge of giving up buying Spenser posh hay, when he repeatedly shows a preference for Morrisons bedding hay (bought for his litter basin).

Really! How much is that? I might get a cheaper one for litter trays if I go down the Hay4pets route or the Dustfreehay route.:wave:

anyone have a picutre of what the sacks look like? they look very expensive!!! tho i have a possible alergic to dust bun so may need it

anyone have a picutre of what the sacks look like? they look very expensive!!! tho i have a possible alergic to dust bun so may need it

You can choose between a hessian sack/box/or polyprop bag a bit like the megazorb bag i think it breathes - they make a lot of emphasis on the packaging, I got a price on polyprop bagged 10 - 5 soft/5 stalky and it works out about £4.00 a bag. Not sure how good it is doing it that way or whether a box or hessian is better:?

:wave:

I've used dust free hay for ages and the bunnies love it. I get a mix of stalky and fine, and they seem to enjoy both, but much prefer the stalky stuff.

Really! How much is that? I might get a cheaper one for litter trays if I go down the Hay4pets route or the Dustfreehay route.:wave:

It's usually £1.98, but sometimes they do 2 for £3. It's meadow hay. Spenser is not a good hay eater, but he likes to nom this when he is going about his business in his basin.

I have recently bought the soft Dust Free Hay for my piggies and they love it - so do I, the smell is lovely!!

Thinking of getting 5 soft and 5 coarser next time as my lot like Oxbow hays and some of those are quite thick and coarse.

Ben loves the Morrisons Straw rather than the hay. Till I went to buy him the expensive herby type from P@H.

Dust free stuff might be good for me though...

Ben loves the Morrisons Straw rather than the hay. Till I went to buy him the expensive herby type from P@H.

Dust free stuff might be good for me though...

Worth trying different ones, it would be better nutrionally for him aswell, higher in fibre etc

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think I will email for a sample of the soft and stalky, nothing ventured nothing gained.:wave:

Mine ate the dust free stuff but it's just too expensive. I don't have too much problem usually with my baled hay being dusty so I stick to that. They seem to prefer the baled.

Back